c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

4/26 - Our next big project!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, April 26, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a busy week. Trying to study for finals, helping kids
with home work, yadda yadda... Yesterday I took the older Scouts
Geocaching. I haven’t done it (successfully) for awhile, so I
thought with a bit of help, we’d do a good job. We did! We found 4
caches. I think one boy in particular had a great time, so I think
I’ve hooked another cacher!

Our next big project;
People thought I was crazy when I took my sweet wife, son #2, and
myself, and joined the stake play in The Sound of Music. We
started just months after son #4 had his brain surgery to take out
the tumor, and days before my dad died on Christmas day. Yes,
looking back, I was nut. But, it kept my mind off of things.

Then, a few months after the play, I took a job in Radiology as a
PACS administrator. I didn’t know the first thing about radiology.
(Ok, I still don’t...)

Then, I decided, (Well, my boss really...) that since I didn’t
know the first thing about radiology, that I ought to go back to
school (after 7 years), and learn something. So I did.

So, now I’ve decided that summer time is my family’s time. No
school for me. So, what did I do? I volunteered to go on the Trek
with my sweet wife and son #1.



Trek? What’s the Trek?

In April of 1847, the Mormon Pioneers were forced out of the
Midwest, and walked (with hand carts) over 1000 miles to the Salt
Lake Valley. Mormon culture is heavily immersed with Pioneer
stories of their travels. Many reenact their journey by traveling
part of the pioneer trail in Wyoming, with hand carts, dressed in
period costume, for a week. I believe its 30 miles in 4 days.

With our musical background, my sweet wife and I have been asked
to learn how to play the Irish whistle and to be part of the
nightly entertainment. (We’ll also help with cooking and cleaning
for 300 people) We’re not required to walk with the “Ma’s and Pa’s
and their kids” but, I may for a day or two anyway. So, for the
next 90 days (at least after my final on Tuesday) I’ve got a new
instrument to learn, and a lot more walking to do during my lunch
break! I remember the months preparing for my one week in Joshua
Tree National Forest, hiking with Outward Bound. I could tell you
stories...

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

Too Late... More Jokes and Videos tomorrow! (maybe...)

=-=-=-

More about The Trek

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home