c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

1/9 - You're serious!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five years ago, (or was it six?) I got a degree in computer
programming at the local community college. They run a pretty good
program. At least they did back then. Since I got my new job in
Radiology, I thought it was a good idea (and so did my boss) that
I take some classes about anatomy and radiology. I started
tonight. I’m taking a biology class which is a prerequisite for
anatomy. Plus I’m taking an on-line radiology class. There are two
book required for biology. There is one workbook for the lab, and
a big thick hard back for the class. I about had a heart attack
when I saw how much they were. $45 for a stupid workbook, and $150
for the book! Talk about sticker shock. I had heard books had gone
up in price, but this is ridiculous!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A wandering monk walked barefoot everywhere he went, to the point
that the soles of his feet eventually became quite thick and
leathery. And because he ate very little, he gradually became very
frail. Several days often passed between opportunities to brush
his teeth, so he usually had bad breath. Therefore, throughout the
region, he came to be known as the super-calloused fragile mystic
plagued with halitosis.
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Parents are expected to participate in their children's education,
and my friends were no exception. They gladly help their fifth-
grade son, Andrew, whenever he's stumped. One day after school,
Andrew ran into the house waving a paper in the air. "Hey, Mom,
great news! There were only three mistakes on my math homework,"
he announced. "You made one, Dad made one and I made one!"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯


The phone rang. It was a salesman from a mortgage refinance
company. "Do you have a second mortgage on your home?"

"No," I replied.

"Would you like to consolidate all your debts?"

"I really don't have any," I said.

"How about freeing up cash for home improvements?" he tried.

"I don't need any. I just recently had some done and paid cash," I
parried.

There was a brief silence, and then he asked, "Are you looking for a husband?"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home