c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, April 13, 2007

4/12 - Double Standard?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, April 12, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Boy folks, I don’t know what to say. I really don’t want to start
a controversy, and this isn’t really a political blog. But I think
MSNBC and CBS are making the wrong decision. They fired Don Imus.
I’ve never listened to the guy. Ever. I’ve heard what he said, and
he was wrong. Stupidly wrong. Have I ever been stupid? Yes. Have I
ever been wrong? Uh, yeah, just about every day. I’m not whining
about his being fired for what he said on his show, but what I’m a
bit miffed about is the double standard of CBS and MSNBC. Did they
make tons of money on Mr. Imus? Yes. Do they make money on music?
Yes. Do they make money on R&B and Hip Hop music? I think so. Have
you ever looked at the lyrics of the top 10 hip hop songs? They
lyrics and themes are far worse than what Mr. Imus said. It’s a
double standard, and I don’t think it’s fair.

I just don’t get it. Maybe I should stick to writing about stupid
and wrong things my little clan does.

Campout tomorrow!

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-

[Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men. Only The .......
knows.] [Who can tell me what radio program THAT was from?]

It's The Shadow, Lamont Cranston. Only he knows for sure.
~#1 Mom

[At least I know my mom reads me...]

=-=-=-

Today’s Video Section

Just a sweet little video about a boy and his pet anaconda



=-=-=-

Cool Picture Section

Check out these helmets

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his
customer, "This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I
prove it to you."

The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the
other, then calls the boy over and asks, "Which do you want, son?"
The boy takes the quarters and leaves.

"What did I tell you?" said the barber. "That kid never learns!"

Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming
out of the ice cream store. "Hey, son... May I ask you a question?
Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?"

The boy licked his cone and replied, "Because the day I take the
dollar, the game's over!"


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Some teachers at state universities get to know our students
fairly well. One instructor told his communications class of his
plans to propose marriage. A student spoke up and said that he had
recently asked his girlfriend to marry him as well. "What was her
answer?" the instructor asked. "I don't know," the student
replied. "She hasn't e-mailed me back yet."
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

An older man strode in to his doctors office and said, "Doc, my
druggist said to tell you to change my prescription and to check
the prescription you've been giving to Mrs. Smith." "Oh, he did,
did he?" the doctor shot back. "And since when does a druggist
second guess a doctor's orders?" The old man says, "Since he found
out I've been on birth control pills since December."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home