c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, April 13, 2007

4/13 - Triskaidekaphobia?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, April 13, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, what the heck. I’ve got the day off and a few minutes, and I
couldn’t let Friday the 13th go by without an issue! So, let’s
jump right in and do it.

Do you have triskaidekaphobia? Let’s hope not.

triskaidekaphobia \tris-ky-dek-uh-FOH-bee-uh\, noun:
A morbid fear of the number 13 or the date Friday the 13th.

Hmm... not me. I just happy there’s a FRIDAY in front of the 13th!

I’ve been looking at some of the logs that are generated by the
web site. People come to the site looking for the weirdest things.
Here’s a list of recent keywords. Or, what people search for and
find my site. It’s kind of interesting.

“craniotomy dissolvable stitches”
[Ok, I can see where you’d land on my site from this search. Son
#4’s brain tumor and all. Not that weird.]

“turtle in the tub joke”
[Wow, I guess I did write about speedy and zippy back in
September of 2004. Amazing what the internet can find ‘eh?]

“dog does heimlich maneuver david letterman Youtube”
[Now this I’d like to see. That dog would be almost as cool as
buddie!]

“it hurts in the sternum when i swallow food”
[Hmm... I’m not sure my site is going to help you here. But, you
never know.]

“humor don't forget to pay your taxes by monday, march 16.....”
[Uh, yeah. But I have until the 17th for my taxes. You see, Monday
April 16th is some obscure federal holiday. I call it “Extra Tax
Day Day”]

“faye turney jokes”
[Who is Fay Turney? Oh, yeah, that 15th Army lady who talked back
to the Iran president. Now her husband has been kidnapped, her dog
mutilated, and her cable tv just got shut off. (Ok, just kidding
on those.)]

sally bytheway
[Ah, a great choir director. I should get back into choral
singing. I just need another week a month.]

So, there you have it. The ramblings of a guy with a day off.

It’s a ‘no joke’ Joke of the day Friday. But, here are a few more
videos.

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Videos of the day

My sweet wife sent me this one. Really cool artists stuff...

When Graphic Artists Get Bored - Amazing display of animal
pictures changed into weird and wonderful things.
And the music is by the "Blue man Group"



And for the guys in the crowd.
What happens if you drive behind a 747?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home