c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, April 02, 2007

4/2 - Singing Beard and Disco RV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, April 02, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a great conference weekend. On Friday son #2 and I went
downtown to sing at a Young Men’s open house. It was a training
session for young men leaders in the Church. We had a men and boys
choir of about 50 voices, all dressed in Class A Scout uniforms or
suits and ties. We sounded pretty good too. Oh yeah, and they
asked us to shave any facial hair. So, I did. After several years,
you can see a bald faced pic of me that son #3 snapped this
weekend.

After we sang and had lunch, we raced home, got packed up, and
went camping with Grandma and Grandpa and one of the Kearns
cousins. Grandma and Grandpa bought an older RV unit to ‘try out’
this summer to see if they like the RV life. You can kind of tell
how old it is by the Disco lighting in one of the pictures on the
web. We were all excited to try it out, but 9 of us didn’t fit
very well in the 25 foot (or was that 20 foot) RV. So, my sweet
wife and I got to sleep in our 10 man tent. (Along with an
electric heater of course!)

We listened to conference, played games, and son #3 and I had a
long walk around Palisades lake. We took the GPS and walked about
2 miles up and down the mountain, saw several deer, and took some
great pictures of the views. (see them on the web –
http://martysjotd.blogspot.com )

Tonight, since sons #1 and #2 made it through the last quarter
with some (barely) passing grades, we decided to go to Chuck-a-
Rama and out to see ‘Night at the museum’ at the dollar theater to
celebrate. (The dollar theater is only 50¢ on Family night!).
Dinner (as with most any buffet) was really good, and the boys
really liked the movie. I thought it was just so-so, but they
talked about their favorite parts all the way home. So, another
successful family home evening.

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Have you ever heard about the Grand Canyon Walkway? It looks
like it’s now open. You can walk out on a skywalk, 4000 feet above
the canyon floor. Something I’d like to do someday. Anyway, check
out today’s video about it.

p.p.s. Skiing with son #4 tomorrow!


Kearns Cousin and the Disco RV


Son #4 and #3 in front of a garbage can.
Yes, always a good thing to have in a picture of your kids...


Son #4 and I goofing around in the tent


More Goofing


And more goofing


Son #3 at the 'tree playground'




Son #3 and a duck


A deer son #3 and I saw

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section

[On Duplicate emails on Thursday morning]

Believe me....there were more sites than yours from Yahoo groups
doing mass mailings! So it wasn't just you!
~Linda

Marty, Thursday I received eight copies of your 'JOTD' and then
later I was at a luncheon and a friend mentioned he had received
several copies of some mails. After investigating he found it was
caused by a glitch in the yahoo program. He told me yahoo had
since fixed it. I don't think you did anything wrong. Keep on
keepin' on,
~Bob B.

[Yep, I got a few more emails about the dupe message from
YahooGroups on Thursday. Hopefully it will stay fixed for awhile.
Thanks everyone, for your patients. Marty]

=-=-=-
Video of the Day

Grand Canyon Skywalk


=-=-=-
Picture of the day

China appears to be the first country to install outdoor public
urinals that are actually intended for daytime usage. Would you,
or wouldn’t you?



<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A speeding motorist was caught by radar from a police helicopter
in the sky. An officer pulled him over and began to issue a
traffic ticket. "It seems everyone is out to get me lately. How
did you know I was speeding?" the frustrated driver asked. The
police officer pointed somberly toward the sky. "You mean," asked
the motorist, "that I'm not just being paranoid? Even *He* is
trying to get me?"
~Wanda

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"On this day in 1844 the Young Men's Christian Association, the
YMCA, was founded. It was founded by a small group of friends: a
construction worker, an Indian chief, a cop, a soldier, a
cowboy...they all met at a disco."
~Jay Leno

=-=-=-

John was furious when his steak arrived too rare. "Waiter," he
shouted, "Didn't you hear me say, 'well done'?" "Oh, thank you,
sir," replied the waiter. "I hardly ever get a compliment."


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

From 4-8 year olds


A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4
to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were
broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you
think:

_____
"When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and
paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all
the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."
Rebecca- age 8
_____
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
You just know that your name is safe in their mouth."
Billy - age 4
_____
"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving
cologne and they go out and smell each other."
Karl - age 5
_____
"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your
French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
Chrissy - age 6
_____
"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
Terri - age 4
_____
"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a
sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
Danny - age 7
_____
"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop
opening presents and listen."
Bobby - age 7
_____
"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a
friend who you hate,"
Nikka - age 6
_____
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it
everyday."
Noelle - age 7
_____
"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are
still friends even after they know each other so well."
Tommy - age 6
_____
"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I
looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and
smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore."
Cindy - age 8
_____
"My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else
kissing me to sleep at night."
Clare - age 6
_____
"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
Elaine-age 5
_____
"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says
he is handsomer than Robert Redford ."
Chris - age 7
_____
"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him
alone all day"
Mary Ann - age 4
_____
"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old
clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
Lauren - age 4
_____
"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little
stars come out of you."
Karen - age 7
_____
"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if
you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget."
Jessica - age 8
~#1 Mom


Me, with no beard and plenty of chin...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home