c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

3/14 - Here's to another good year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 is a good number, but I think 6 is even better. Son #4 has a 6th
birthday on Tuesday. We all had trials in his 5th year, but this
year will be even better! As a matter of fact, he’s been skiing
with the school for the blind every Tuesday. So I’m going to take
work off next Tuesday and go with him. I think we’ll have a great
time. (Even if we only get to go on the bunny hill...)

Anyway,
Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Here’s a couple of web sites for you;

Take the St. Patty’s day quiz here

And for this site, Stare at the center of this for 20 - 30
seconds. Watch the peripheral patterns change, while looking at
the middle. After looking at it look at the back of your hand.
(Don't worry nothing is going to jump out at you or anything like
that. I just shows you what your eyes can do.) Definitely weird.

=-=-=-
Reader Comments

We were interviewed on our local San Diego country music station
in February as part of St. Jude's annual Country Cares telethon.
They also raised around half a million dollars. As for your
reaction to the CPR demonstration, I think it's something related
to post traumatic stress and I think all of us parents of kids
with life-threatening illnesses have it to one degree or another.
In a few month's time you lost your father and you came closer
than anyone ever should to losing your son. The 11th anniversary
of my niece's death from a brain tumor came and went last month,
and even after more than ten years, something will trigger
memories of the events surrounding that tragedy with such force it
takes my breath away. And as for your CPR skills, if you get your
father back to consciousness before the ambulance arrived, you
must have done everything right. Your father would be proud.
~Kathy

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>



Cowboy Poetry

By Brad Curtis
Jake, the rancher, went one day to fix a distant fence.
The wind was cold and gusty and the clouds rolled gray and dense.

As he pounded the last staples in and gathered tools to go,
the temperature had fallen, the wind and snow began to blow.

When he finally reached his pickup, he felt a heavy heart.
from the sound of that ignition, he knew it wouldn't start.

So Jake did what most of us would do if we had been there.
he humbly bowed his balding head and sent a loft a prayer.

As he turned the key for the last time, he softly cursed his luck.
They found him three days later, frozen stiff in that old truck.

Now Jake had been around in life and done his share of roaming.
But when he saw Heaven, he was shocked - It looked just like
Wyoming!

Of all the saints in Heaven, His favorite was St. Peter.
(Now, this line ain't needed But it helps with rhyme and meter)

So they set and talked a minute or two, or maybe it was three.
Nobody was keeping' score - In Heaven time is free.

"I've always heard," Jake said to Pete, "That God will answer
prayer,
But one time I asked for help, Well, he just plain wasn't there."

"Does God answer prayers of some, And ignore the prayers of
others?
That don't seem exactly square - I know all men are brothers."

"Or does he randomly reply, Without good rhyme or reason?
Maybe, it's the time of day, The weather or the season."

"Now I ain't trying to act smart, It's just the way I feel.
And I was wondering', could you tell me - What the heck's the
deal?!"

Peter listened very patiently And when Jake was done, There were
smiles of recognition, And he said, "So, you're the one!"

"That day your truck, it wouldn't start, And you sent your prayer
a flying,
You gave us all a real bad time, With hundreds of us trying."

"A thousand angels rushed, To check the status of your file,
But you know, Jake, we hadn't heard From you in quite a long
while."

"And though all prayers are answered, And God ain't got no quota,
He didn't recognize your voice, And started a truck in Minnesota."

~Krystal B.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A man learned shortly before quitting time that he had to attend a
meeting. He tried unsuccessfully to locate his car-pool members to
let them know that he would not be leaving with them.

Hastily he scribbled a message to one fellow and left it on his
desk: "I have a last-minute meeting. Leave without me. Dave."

At 7:00 p.m., the man stopped at his desk and found this note:
"Meet us at the bar and grill across the street. You drove, you
idiot."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and
thinking, "Surely I can't look that old!" Well, you are gonna love
this one. I was sitting in the waiting room for my first
appointment with a new dentist when I noticed his diploma hanging
on the wall. It bore his full name and I suddenly remembered a
tall, handsome dark-haired boy with the same name. He had been in
my high school class some 40-odd years before and I wondered if he
could be the same guy I had a secret crush on way back then?? When
I got into the treatment room I quickly discarded any such
thought. This balding gray-haired man with the deeply lined face
was much too old to have been my secret crush... or was he???
After he examined my teeth I asked if he had attended Morgan Park
High School. "Yes, I did. I'm a Mustang!" He said, gleaming with
pride. "When did you graduate?" I asked. "1959. Why do you ask?"
He answered. "Well, you were in my class!" I exclaimed. Then that
ugly, old wrinkled jerk asked, "What did you teach?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home