c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

3/29 - Burning Hiccups

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 29, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had the hiccups tonight. Now everyone has their own way of
curing the hiccups and I’m no different. Through the years I have
settled on a cure that works 90% of the time for me. Tonight I
wanted to show off, so I kept the hiccups going until I came to
dinner. After the prayer I said, “You boys wanna see how to cure
hiccups?” They all said, “sure”. So I took a glass of water,
leaned forward, and drank from the far side of the glass. It
worked. So, at least I impressed the little ones...

Now, I’m not the only one with hiccups. Yesterday it seems that
YahooGroups had the hiccups. Some of you received 8 copies of my
Joke of the Day. Now, I really like you to read my lame jokes, but
that went a little overboard. So, I guess I have to apologize for
the mass emailing.

Son #3 is a Pyro. Way back in the day, when he was almost 2 1/2,
on Halloween day, he burned our waterbed. He was playing with
matches and lit the pillow on fire, and yes folks, a waterbed can
burn. Anyway, from that day forward, he’s loved fire. So tonight I
stopped at the store to get some weekend supplies. I put a small
bag of Kingsford charcoal in the shopping cart (the only real
charcoal to buy!) and then thought for a second. I grabbed a
bigger bag and switched. When I got home I told son #3 that I had
bought something for him, and showed him the bag. He frowned as if
to say, “big deal” Then I told him he could light them on fire and
use them for Dutch oven cooking or in a Weber grill. His eyes lit
up and he said, “Ok, thanks!”

Hmm... am I feeding an addition?

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. If you only view one video this week, this is the one. This
thing has been viewed 12 million times; and it’s hilarious. I
promise it will make you smile, or your money back!

=-=-=-
Crazy Picture Section

Can you see anything wrong with this picture?



=-=--=

Make the baby laugh


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A woman is worried about an older woman, a widow, who lives in the
apartment next door. She hasn't heard anything from her for a few
days. So she tells her son, "I want you to go next door and see
how ol' Mrs. Pierpoint is." A few minutes later, the boy returns.
"Well, is she all right?" the mother asks. "She's fine, but she's
annoyed with you," he says. "At me? Whatever for?" "Well," says
her son, "Mrs. Pierpoint told me it's none of your business how
old she is."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The strict and unsmiling manager noticed that the suggestion box
was missing from the wall beside the time clock. He began to ask
around to see who knew what had become of it. "You!" he yelled at
one of his employees. "Where's the suggestion box?" "I don't
personally know, Sir," the employee responded. "But the office
gossip is that it's under your desk, wired, and ticking."
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"Some excitement at the White House yesterday. The Secret Service
caught a man trying to climb over the White House fence. When they
caught the man, the Secret Service said, 'Not so fast. You have
two and a half more years, Mr. President.'"
~Conan O'Brien

"How annoying is this? Senator Hillary Clinton calling for a
return of the 55 mile an hour speed limit. When people in L.A.
heard about this, they said, 'What? Cars can go that fast?'"
~Jay Leno

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home