c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

3/15 - Earth, Moon, Stars, and Son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 15, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight I was feeling like I had been sitting all day long.
“Anyone wanna go for a walk with me?” Son #4 said sure. Everyone
else was busy. It was about 8:45, almost time for his bed, but we
went anyway. We walked about 4 blocks hand in hand. We talked
about the sun, moon, and the stars. He said something about the
sun coming up, and I said, “Actually, the earth spins, and moves
around the sun.” That was a foreign concept to him. He stopped,
stood looking at a wood fence and said, “No, look dad. The fence
isn’t moving.” So, we talked about basket balls, flash lights, and
a golf ball (as the moon). He still didn’t get it, so when we got
home I got the globe and a flashlight out. Son #2 helped. When we
were done explaining it to him, he said, “Cool! Let’s do it
again!”

So we did.



Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Here’s a cool site. At least if you’re older than me...
Do you remember these?
~Wanda D.

p.p.s. Keep reading down to our first joke spot. It’s the
compliment game. Read on...

=-=-=-

Reader Comments

Marty, don't know if you remember your subscriber in HK. Had hoped
to visit you when I came back for conference this year, but won't
have that opportunity. Jill and I have been asked to serve for
three years as the mission president in Mongolia beginning July 1.
You will soon be able to add Mongolia to the list of countries
where you have subscribers. So glad to hear that things are going
well with your son's health issues.
~Allen A

[Wow! Mongolia. What a cool place to be...]

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The Compliment Game...

The Game is on! Describe me in one word.... just one single word.
Send it to me and to me only. Then send this message to all your
friends and see how many strange & interesting things they say
about you. This is really fun.

Here's how:
1. Hit the reply key and send me my one word.
2. Then return to this message and forward it to your friends
(including me) and see what people say about you!

The Game's On!!!!!

[Change the subject line to “The Compliment Game...” I’ll give you
some results next week.]

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

One evening, two girlfriends and I went to a nightclub, only to
find the place packed with young people. At 40, we felt old, but
before we could make a dignified exit, a tall, handsome man
approached us.

"Perhaps we were being a little hasty in leaving," I thought.

Then with a big smile, the man extended his hand to one of my
friends and said, "Hello. Remember me? You were my third grade
teacher."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


So, it's your first kiss and several questions might come to mind:

Is it the right time?

Is anyone watching?

Does your partner even want to?

Is your breath fresh?

And the big question... Should you use some tongue?

Then you lean in and just go for it!!!






~#1 Mom

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home