c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, March 02, 2007

3/2 - Parental Payday!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, March 02, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s late, and it’s Friday, but I thought I’d do a quick issue
anyway. Monday we had a family night lesson. I didn’t have a
lesson prepared, so I picked up a lesson manual that was lying on
the table and asked the 3 oldest boys for a number between 1 and
10. They came up with something like a 1 and 2 and a 4. So I put
them together, turned to page 124, read the title of the lesson
and said, “Ok, tonight’s lesson is going to be on integrity.” So,
as we talked about what integrity was, I glanced forward in the
manual and got some teaching points. We had a good discussion and
the lesson actually went really well.

That was Monday. Now forward to Wednesday. We got some renters in
our place, so I had the boys write me a bill for the cleaning work
they did. We told them we couldn’t pay them until we got renters
in, so I think they worked a little harder and faster. On
Wednesday we got together and I wrote checks out for the boys.

Today we all piled into the van and went to the bank today so they
could cash their checks. During the week we had talked about the
new Presidential dollar coin that was issued last week. And the
boys were excited to get some with their money. At the bank we
were also trying to open an account, get into our safe deposit
box, and chase son #4 around all at the same time; so things were
a little crazy. Anyway, when we got back into the van, son #2
said, “Yeah, the teller gave me the wrong amount when I cashed my
check.” He said that his checked ended in $7.50 and he asked for 7
Presidential dollars and two quarters along with bills. But teller
had given him 10 dollars and two quarters. So he went back, by
himself, while everyone else was busy running around, and told the
teller she gave him too many coins. She looked puzzled and asked
to see the money she had given him. She then apologized and told
him thank you. When I asked son #2 about it he said, “What. Was I
going to keep the $3? That wouldn’t be right.” Cool. Cha-Ching.
A parental payday!

So, I it was a good thing that the “boys” picked out a lesson on
integrity on last Monday!

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

Naw, maybe not. It’s late. I’ll get you some more jokes next week.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home