c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

3/1 - Bikes, Family, and Peter and the Wolf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, March 01, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I work 4x10’s so I have Friday’s off. Since the boys have tomorrow
off too, I decided to take the family on a trip somewhere where
it’s warm. Then last Sunday, son #1 told me that his Scout group
was going to Moab this weekend to ride bikes. So, I put our plans
off for another week. Then, tonight, he said that they canceled
the over-nighter because one of the leaders was sick and the other
leader had a bad ankle. I thought, well, maybe we still can do
something things with the family so, when I got home from school
tonight, we all sat down and made some plans for tomorrow and
Saturday. Then, about 9:30 tonight, one of the Scouts called and
said, “Oh, I guess we are going after all.” So now son #1 has to
make a decision, and he was having a tough time with it. I
thought, cool, he actually still wants to do something with the
family. Then he said, “If I can spend the night with my cousin
tomorrow night, I’ll stay home.”

Well, the thought was cool while it lasted.

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. Hey, I was poking around Youtube again, and found something
kinda cool. When I was a kid, there was a Peter and the Wolf LP
record (that’s a huge black CD for you young’ens out there) that
my mom had that I listened to a lot. I came across this little
video clip. Kind fun.



Here's a link to the whole story

=-=-=-
Reader Comments;

Marty, you said: so my sweet wife and I ~RAN~ to school the second
I got home from work. Only in Utah could you do that!!! The rest
of us would have to drive a car
~debi
[Oh, no, actually, I think they run in other states to. But, I
could be mistaken. Besides, running is good for you! (grin)]


Yes, 9 are too many! We had rentals when we were somewhat younger
and someone advised us to rent by referrals only… However, I will
add, that's not always the answer as well. Nine people, unless
it's a big house are too many to rent to, and even then I don't
think we would have rented to 9 people. There's no way with that
many in one house that things are not going to be destroyed!
Marty, if you have to repair at such cost, then you've lost income
which is very valuable to you, especially since you have a family
to care for!! Might I add, and such a wonderful family at that!!!
I enjoy your jokes and the thoughts, etc. that you include about
you, your sweet wife and 4 boys. Enjoy them while they're young –
they grow up so quickly..
~Cathy M.



<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A married couple were asleep when the phone rang at 2 in the
morning. The wife (undoubtedly blond), picked up the phone,
listened a moment and said "How should I know, that's 200 miles
from here!" and hung up. The husband said, "Who was that?" The
wife said, " I don't know, some woman wanting to know if the coast
is clear."
~Marvin L.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A quiet evening of guard duty at Camp Pendleton, California,
turned hairy when my son and his buddy saw a pair of luminous eyes
staring back at them. The animal slunk toward them ... a cougar.
Retreating slowly, my son radioed the base. "We're being followed
by a cougar," he said softly. "What do we do?" A voice responded,
"Get the license plate number, and we'll send over some MPs."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The proud father brought home a backyard swing set for his
children and immediately started to assemble it with all the
neighborhood children anxiously waiting to play on it. After
several hours of reading the directions, attempting to fit bolt A
into slot B, etc., he finally gave up and called upon an old
handyman working in a neighboring yard. The old-timer came over,
threw the directions away, and in a short while had the set
completely assembled. It's beyond me," said the father, "how you
got it together without even reading instructions." "To tell the
truth," replied the old-timer, "I can't read, and when you can't
read, you've got to think."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home