c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, March 09, 2007

3/9 - Help... Looking for a movie this weekend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, March 09, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi All, just a quick, extra Friday email.
Not much going on with us. I got a C on my Biology test. I was
bummed, but the instructor says that most of this other classes
have said that was the hardest test of the course. We’ll see when
final grades come out.

On my day off today, I did my taxes. I hate taxes. Mostly because
I didn’t keep good records and should have. But with the records I
did keep, we did pretty well.

One last thing, I got this email today from my Ependymoma Brain
Tumor group. Looks like I’m going to go to a movie tonight! Hope
you can to...

=-=-=-
From: TCHFMom@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:46:14 -0500
Subject: Tanner Seebaum Foundation & "The Ultimate Gift"
To: ependyparents@braintrust.org

Hello,
Please read the email below sent from our certified financial
planner, Bill Eggert. Bill has given The Tanner Seebaum Foundation
a wonderful gift, however, we need your help to succeed. Please
read this email, enjoy the movie, forward this email to everyone
you know and help find a cure for pediatric Ependymoma brain
tumors. Please let me know if you have any questions. My contact
info is at the bottom of this email.

Dear Friends, Family, Associates and Valued Clients:
Please pardon this interruption in your day.
As many of you know, over the last two years I have been involved
with a group of Financial Advisors, Philanthropists, Consultants
and Film Makers working on a unique project. Our task was to bring
the best-selling book “The Ultimate Gift” to life on the big
screen.
I am happy to announce the culmination of our work with the motion
picture debut of “The Ultimate Gift”. Distributed by 20th Century
Fox, “The Ultimate Gift” premieres in 800 theaters across the
United States, today, March 9, 2007. This is a limited release.
How long it stays in theaters depends on how many people see the
film this weekend. So if you need something to do this weekend, I
would appreciate you going to see the film.

"The Ultimate Gift" is a great story (based on the James Stovall
book of the same name) that delivers a wonderful message and is
suitable for family viewing. It stars James Garner, Brian Dennehy,
Drew Fuller, Bill Cobbs, Lee Meriwether, Ali Hillis and Academy
Award nominee Abigail Breslin - the little girl in "Little Miss
Sunshine". Take some tissues - I have seen it twice and have shed
a tear or two both times! Get all the information about the movie
at www.theultimategift.com
You can find theaters near you that are showing the film by going
to www.foxfilmfund.com. If you enter your zip code, the site will
show you theaters in your area showing the film. If you then click
on a theater, you will be directed to either Fandango.com or
MovieTickets.com where you can buy tickets online (you are not
required to buy tickets online - they will be available at the
theaters).
If you buy tickets online, there will be a place to enter a code –
a box labeled as "Organization Code" or "Organization/Church Code"
(do not use "Promotional Code"). If you enter the code 500758 –
$1/ticket of your purchase will go to support a designated
charity. In this case, it is The Tanner Seebaum Foundation, a
small Denver-based foundation that helps to fund research and find
cures for children's brain cancer and brain tumors. Ticket price
is still the same - you get see a movie and help a good cause by
purchasing online and using code 500758. You can read about this
foundation at www.tannersfoundation.org.
As for me, I had a chance to be an extra in the film, but
unfortunately the timing of the shoot did not fit in my schedule.
But if you sit through all of the credits you will see my name
will scroll by.
Thanks for reading all this and for seeing the movie. Thanks in
advance for buying tickets online and supporting this movie and
this cause.
Please enjoy the movie.
Disclosure: I am not an employee or Board member of The Tanner
Seebaum Foundation – just a friend of the family. And yes, I own a
very minor fractional share of the movie. Trust me - it will take
all of you seeing the movie many times before I will ever see a
dime out of this.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS INFORMATION TO ANYONE YOU KNOW.
Thank you.
All the Best,
Bill Eggert, CFP®

=-=-=-
Warmest Regards,
Stephanie J. Seebaum, Vice President
The Tanner Seebaum Foundation
6900 E. Belleview Ave, Ste 211
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
www.tannersfoundation.org
V: 303.771.HOPE
C: 303.909.7715
F: 303.771.6789
stephanie@tannersfoundation.org
Stephanie, mom to Tanner, 10. DX 4th Ventricle Posterior Fossa
Ependymoma 07/07/98. GTR 07/09/98. VP Shunt 7/98. 3 rounds chemo.
Relapsed 02/13/2001. GTR 02/19/2001. 2 rounds Temodar. 33 rounds
conformal radiation. Relapsed 05/17/04. GTR 06/07/04. 3 rounds
Radiosurgery. Daily growth hormone shots. Big brother to Ellie, 7.
Children's Hospital Ambassador, Denver. www.tannersfoundation.org;
www.caringbridge.org/co/tannerman/




Enjoy Today’s Issue!
Marty

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home