c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

2/14 - Genealogy Twiterpation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Valentines Day!

Son #1 got home and said that he got several nice valentine gifts
today. 3 friends (all girls) decorated his locker at school. And
he said one girl told him today that she had a crush on him. At
dinner I asked him, “Son #1, are all three of these girls cute?”
Without much hesitation he said, “They’re all beautiful in their
own ways dad.”
Hmm... With that silver tongue, he’ll do just fine.

Son #2 raced home and told mom all about his day. When I got home
he ran to the door, “Dad, I got to dance today!” “There were 16
songs, and I danced with girls on TWELVE of them!” (Wow, with
GIRLS even! I assume he sat out 4 songs [grin]) 3 of the 12 dances
were with the same girl. “Dad, she even gave me a candy-gram!”
Oh, to be twiterpated by a candy-gram again...

Son #3 also ran up to me when I got home. “Dad, look! I have a
secret admirer.” He showed me a valentine card with a sucker (Yet
untouched I might add) that had “From: ?” and “To: Son #3” and at
the bottom it had “XXOO”.
Let’s see, you’re only half dating age. What are you doing getting
excited about girls?

Son #4 has been running up to mom for the last 3 days. “Mom, did
you get my stuff in the mail?” He LOVES the mailman, but would
never tell my sweet wife what was in the mail. Songs of Love even
put his wish of being a mailman in his special song. Today we got
a valentine from son #4 in the mail. Simple, but he thought it was
the coolest thing since propathal.

Tonight was Scout night, and months ago the scouts planed doing
service for the single sisters in the ward. We baked 10 dozen
cookies and gave them out in heart shaped baskets. Only, by the
time 6 hungry scouts were done making cookies, there were only 7
dozen left. That was just the perfect amount.

So, my sweet wife and I agreed that tomorrow night would be our
Valentines date night. I promise, no going to the genealogy branch
library for a date. (“Oh, boy, what an exciting date night!” said
Son #1 sarcastically a few weeks back.) I think we’re just getting
old and can’t think of cool things to do on date night.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty!
Are you still happy with Vonage? I'm thinking of signing up.
Sandra

[Yup! Vonage is the coolest thing since sliced bread! Click here
to check them out. Note: Self serving link. If you sign up with
this link, I get a free month... (But then, so do you)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home