c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

2/8 - Special Edition

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Morning Edition;

Ok, every year I get a little annoyed with one of my local radio
stations. They always have a fund raising Radio-thon for a day in
February for Primary Children’s hospital. This hospital doesn’t
turn anyone away for lack of money. But, I was always a little
calloused and just flipped the channel to one of my other stations.



Well, things have a way of changing your mind, now don’t they? I’ve
told you all of our wonderful miracles that have happened in this
hospital, and son #4’s tumor. This year I think maybe we ought to
show our support by donating a penny for each reader who reads my
column. Today we have 5,739 readers. So, I’m challenging each of
you to donate $57.39 to this worthy cause. I did!

You can donate by going here

And you can listen to them on-line here


Marty

=-=-=-
Here’s a note I put in with my donation;

My PCMC Story;

Since March of 2000 I’ve written “Marty’s Joke of the Day”, a
humorous Internet blog about raising 4 boys in Utah with “my sweet
wife”. In August of 2005, Doctors at PCMC found a lemon-sized brain
tumor in my 4-year old son. When my 5,739 readers across the world
found out about his tumor, everyone prayed for help during his 2
surgeries. I’m convinced that because of these prayers, with divine
intervention, and the skill of the surgeons at PCMC, my 4 year old
is making a wonderful recovery. Two weeks ago he even started
preschool at the Utah “preschool for the blind”. I’m donating
$57.39 for each of my readers, and challenge each of them to donate
the same amount to this wonderful hospital.

You can read our story here or here


Marty
martysjotd@hotmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home