c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

2/15 - Calculations

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
February 15, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to tell you my funny story that happened at the dollar
theater Monday night. We were running a little late, (ok, as a
family we ~always~ run a little late.) But, after everyone got
seated in the theater, I decided to run out and get a couple of 32
oz drinks. The total was $7. I had a lot of $1 bills, so I
thought, “Let’s see how smart the counter lady is.” I handed her a
$20 bill two $1 bills for the $7 charge. That’s pretty easy right?
Not so. She put the $22 down on the cash drawer, and looked at it
for a long time. She pulled out $15 to give me as change, but then
grabbed it back just as I was about to take it. She put the money
in the cash drawer again made a strange face while looking at the
money. Then reluctantly she handed me the $15 again and said, “Is
that the right amount?” I played dumb. “Um, I don’t know. You tell
~me~ if that’s the right amount.” (Thinking to myself, uh huh,
that’s why a 50 year old woman is working at the dollar theatre.
If I were dishonest, I’d have said, ‘No, you owe me $2 more.’)
Anyway, she said, “Oh, I think that’s right.” I said, in a
praising tone of voice, “Yes, you’re right. That ~is~ the correct
change.” She said with a half smile, “Oh, you were just giving me
a hard time, weren’t you?”

Oh, no duh.

So, tonight was our Valentines dinner out because of Scouts
yesterday. Our waitress also added our ticket up incorrectly. She
over charged us by $2. After she brought back my card, we never
saw her again. I thought, “No big deal” I just circled the mistake
and gave her $2 less on the tip.

I think people should carry calculators.

Anyway, after dinner I didn’t want to go to the genealogy library
for fear of teasing from son #1 (or from my readers...) so we
snuck back inside the house, while the boys were playing
downstairs, and played a rousing game of Mexican Train Dominos. (I
got a set yesterday as a Valentine gift.) But, I lost... I need a
calculator.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

My guess is that Tooele is pronounced 'Two-will-uh'
~Katrina B. from 'Ver-jin-ee-yuh'

[Nice try. You must have ties to Ewe-taw]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home