c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

2/9 - Sneaky Boy Mean Dad

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, February 09, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here’s a little joke.

=-=-=-

Dad," said Little Johnny, "I'm late for football practice. Would
you please do my homework for me?"

The father said irately, "Son, it just wouldn't be right."

"That's okay," replied Little Johnny, "but you could at least give
it a try, couldn't you?"

=-=-=-

Speaking of homework; Each year about this time, our elementary
school has a science fair. Son #2 really wanted to do good this
year, so he thought long and hard about his science experiment.
Then, every other night at 8PM he’d run downstairs and yell, “I’ve
got to do my homework!” When I walked by, he’d be playing on his
computer, and I figured he was done.

The other night son #2 and #3 got in a pretty big fight. I
grounded them both from their computers, and told them that they’d
also have to clean up their rooms before I’d consider letting them
back on. Son #2 was devastated. “How am I going to do my science
project?!” It was then that I learned what his experiment was.

He wanted to see which activity would make him go to sleep faster;
Reading a book for 90 minutes, or playing on his computer for 90
minutes. He got about half way done with his experiment when dad
put the kybosh on his computer playing. (Or is it that he caused
this consequence because of his actions...?)

-OR -

Anyway, these kids will come up with just about any excuse to play
on their computers.

Hmm... so what to do what to do... Oh darn. He still hasn’t
cleaned his room. So, he’s not played his computer either. I’m so
mean.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Thanks Marty!!! That last part about women forgetting their worth
is great. [on yesterday’s JOTD] I was looking for something to top
off my Valentine's gift to my wife. That will do nicely.
~Todd H.

Hi Marty,
It's wonderful that [son #4] is so happy going to school and can't
wait to get there each day! I pray that his vision improves and
he can have a long and wonderful life. He is such a little doll
and is so lucky to have such loving and caring brothers (the nose
bleed) and parents. I think of you so often and pray that all goes
well for you.
With love, Betty H.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home