c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

2/1 - Antarctic Bus Trip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, February 01, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The other day my sweet wife called son #4’s new teacher at the
preschool for the blind, and asked how son #4 was doing. She said,
“Oh, he’s doing great. I wish all of the other kids did everything I
asked them to.”

Cool...

Then today my sweet wife went out to son #4’s bus (van) driver and
asked him how son #4 was doing on the bus ride to and from school.
“Oh, he’s doing very well. He’s having a positive influence on the
other kids.” My wife thought, yeah, right. Then bus driver went on
to say, “Every time one of the kids says something bad [‘stupid
head’] son #4 corrects them and says something like, ‘that’s rude,
don’t say that’ or when they say ‘shut up’ he says ‘that’s not nice,
we don’t say that at our house’”

Hmm...

A good start, but hopefully not too self righteous.



Tomorrow it’s son #4’s Antarctica trip. They’re ‘flying’ there and
spending a lot of time outside looking for penguins. Next week they
get to go swimming.

Hey, I want to go...



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

The "big Texas burger" story reminded me of an embarrassing moment
I had in my days as a flight attendant. I was counting empty seats
on an almost full airplane so we could board some standby
passengers. A very large lady was making her way down the aisle
to her seat as I called out to the ticket agent, "She makes
two." After her dirty look, I was too embarrassed to explain
what I meant!
~Betty H.

[Oops!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home