c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, November 07, 2005

11/07 - The U toilet paper and song

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, November 07, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16/33 = 48% - Tomorrow is our (just over) half way day!

Saturday was Son #1’s Saturday to spend time with dad. He’s getting to the age that he doesn’t want to go, but when ‘forced’ to, he has a good time. (I’ll just have to see how long I can coax him to spend time with the ‘ol man). We had some tickets to a comedy play called “CSI Provo”. (Provo is the home of Brigham Young University, BYU). Son #1 is a big University of Utah fan (And I play both sides of the fence) Anyway, in this play, there were a lot of BYU vs. UofU jokes. One of the characters was LaVelle Edwards, former BYU football coach. At one point he calls to his wife and says, “Honey, we’re out of UofU toilet paper!” Son #1 just rolled on the floor with that. He thought that was the funniest thing.

We ended up at my work for about 90 minutes installing some PCs I couldn’t do during the week, and he kept mumbling to himself, “UofU toilet paper!” Then he’d smile. (But, not where the ol’ man could see him...)

Son #4 got a music CD in the mail today. My sweet wife is so good at finding cool things on the internet. She found a place that will write a personal song for your seriously ill child. Son #4 listened to it about 100 times tonight. He kept say, “Mom, they said I’m a hero!”


Son #4's Song






Click to see 'Songs of Love' on 60 minutes


For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty,
Just finished reading Thursday's JOTD, and laughed my way through
the antics of the boys. I guess my son isn't the only one like
that! He also willl eat sour cream by itself, as he also does
with butter. Does it gross me out? yes. but probably only as
much as I did when I was a kid and would eat cream
cheese straight. And if it makes your kids feel better, my 5 year
old doesn't like to mix his food up, or let a lot of it touch.
His dad is like you though, and will eat everything together.
Kind of funny though, any type of casserole is out of bounds with
him, as it mixes everything together, BUT, if it's chinese lo
mein, or my home made sweet and sour chicken (which has a lot of
stuff mixed in a sauce), he'll devour it. Go figure!
Keep them laughing,
Jen B., Morrow, Ohio

Hi, Marty!
This is a belated comment on the Cheetos for #4...Genna had her
MRI last week, and was super sleepy afterwards (i.e. pointedly
trying to avoid waking up). We had to get upstairs to oncology,
and I was bored, so I started singing a quiet little song by her
ear about how I love Genna, she could have some Doritos ... her
mouth opened in a gigantic smile. ONe second later she popped up
off the stretcher, swaying a bit but awake. "Yay, Doritos!" she
said. Within 7 minutes (had to get the Halloween costume back on)
we were on our way. Never underestimate the power of a snack food.
Thinking of you all lots. Hope "Tumor Boy" has a good day tomorrow
(he needs a cape and mask or something--this is heroic stuff).
Kristin

[A cape with a big TB on the back!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home