c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

1/10 - Drunk on cheetos scans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, I can’t promise that my post will be coherent tonight.
I keep falling asleep on my keyboard because I only got 3 hours of
sleep last night. When I went to bed, I was exhausted so I thought
I had it made. But, with the Pre-MRI Jitters, and waking up at
2AM, things just didn’t work out. So, forgive the ramblings.

So, on with the good news. Son #4 had CLEAN SCANS today! Boy, we
are so excited. No tumor to worry about for the next 3 months.
(Then back for another MRI.) For the first year they do MRIs on a
3 month interval, then 4 month intervals for the 2nd year.

Son #4 was a trooper today. We talked about why they had to
‘stick’ him with a needle, and that it would hurt a little. He
seemed ok with that when we told him he got one of his army
guys
back. When they stuck him, he didn’t flinch, cry, or even move.
But, it was another story after they were done and took his army
guy away. He was NOT happy with the nurse.

For radiation, they used propathal to put him under. It’s a fast
acting, and quickly fading type of medicine. Today they used some
other somethingathal medicine that took a little longer, but
really knocked him out. The doctor said recreational drug users
call it “special K”. Anyway, after he woke up, looking at the
nurse, the first groggy words out of his mouth were, “Why do you
look so weird?” That stuff really knocked him out. He was like a
4-year-old drunken sailor. Slurring his words, and he couldn’t
quite control everything. Of course we brought cheetos after he
woke up, and it was funny how he’d take a cheeto and bring it
toward his mouth, and hit his cheek and miss his mouth. Strong
stuff, that special K.

He even let them do a finger poke for some blood tests and he
didn’t cry or say it hurt. I think he’s getting used to this
stuff.

Anyway, drool on the keyboard isn’t good, so it’s off to bed for
me.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty



=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home