c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

4/4 - I won, but at the wrong game

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahh... finally a night that I don’t have something to do! School,
Family night, Camping, Scouts, and date nights keep me busy. But
the Scouts went last night, and it’s not date or school night, so
I’m free! Before I left work today, I told my co-worker, “quiz me
tomorrow. Ask me if I finally sent my taxes in.”

So, I had a good dinner with the kids while my sweet wife went off
to Relief Society. I came down to do taxes and son #3 begged me to
play Brood Wars with him. I’m a sucker for Brood Wars. Now, not
only to I have to confess not doing my taxes, I also get to feel
guilty for not studying for a biology test that’s coming up on
Tuesday. *sigh* I guess I can’t win the right games. But, playing
with son #3 is something, right? (plus, I smoked him!)

Enjoy Today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I uploaded 3 of the best pics of son #4 skiing yesterday.
Goof’n around, skiing with the instructor, and doing the Superman
thing.

p.p.s. Ok, there are a ton of cool videos out there. I’m going to
start to put some extra ones in once in awhile. Check out Chad
Vader. A series of videos I found. Then there’s a dinner in the
sky. Would you pay a fortune to sit up there and eat? Plus, what
whould happen if you have to go to the bathroom?

p.p.p.s. I only got one submission for the puzzle pics, so I’ll
give you one more day...

=-=-=-
Son #3 Pics


Goof'n at the lodge


SUPERMAN!


Skiing backwards taking a picture.

=-=-=-
Funny Picture section
If military spending gets cut, this is what we’ll end up with





~Krystal B.

=-=-=-
Video Section

Chad Vader (Episode 1)


=-=-=-

Dinner in the Sky

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Every Friday after work, a mathematician goes down to the Ice
Cream Parlor, sits in the second-to-last seat, turns to the last
seat, which is empty, and asks a girl, who isn't there, if he can
buy her an ice cream cone. The owner, who is used to the weird,
local university types, always shrugs but keeps quiet. But when
Valentine's Day arrives, and the mathematician makes a
particularly heart wrenching plea into empty space, curiosity gets
the better of him, and he says, "I apologize for my stupid
questions, but surely you know there is NEVER a woman sitting in
that last stool, man. Why do you persist in asking out empty
space?" The mathematician replies, "Well, according to quantum
physics, empty space is never truly empty. Virtual particles come
into existence and vanish all the time. You never know when the
proper wave function will collapse and a girl might suddenly
appear there." The owner raises his eyebrows. "Really?
Interesting. But couldn't you just ask one of the girls who comes
here every Friday if you could buy HER a cone? Never know... she
might say yes." The mathematician laughs. "Yeah, right. How likely
is THAT to happen?"
~Wanda D.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"I wish I were telepathic. Not just to read people's minds, which
would be cool, but to cut down on my cellular phone bill."
~Paul Wiley

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Once upon a time in their marriage, my Dad did something really
stupid. My Mom chewed him out for it. He apologized, they made up.
However, from time to time, my mom mentions what he had done.
"Honey," my Dad finally said one day, "why do you keep bringing
that up? I thought your policy was 'forgive and forget.'"

"It is," she said. "I just don't want you to forget that I've
forgiven and forgotten."

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home