c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

2/8 - Valentines Already?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, February 08, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Son #3 is my ‘jumpy’ boy who loves holidays. Tonight he asked for
help with his valentine day box. I remember when I was little,
that I took a shoe box. His boxes aren’t “due” until the 13th or
14th, but he wanted to get working on his now. He’s got 3 large
boxes taped together, and says he making a rocket ship out of
them. Hmm... I hope he doesn’t think he’ll get more valentines
stuff if his box is bigger.

I guess I was a little too worried about the test. It was really
hard, and as I sat down for class tonight, I readied myself for a
score of 50 or 60. I surprised even myself when I got an 83. Not
too bad for an old dude! The average was 72. We have 6 people in
our study group, and 4 out of the 5 who were there tonight, got
above average. One guy got 100%. I think I’ll sit next to him
during the next test... (grin)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-

You forgot to mention that yesterday was also the day I was coming
home after 2 weeks in Dallas. Maybe that's why I didn't answer
your e-mail. If you want childhood stories, you must know that one
of my favorite ones was when you were about 1 l/2 or 2 and your
sister was two years older. She loaded your diaper with rocks from
the street. You were still smiling. You smiled a lot when you were
a baby.
~#1 Mom

[Ha! I’m such a happy guy aren’t I? Rocks in my diapers, indeed!]


Marty,
"......put me into a drawer."Thanks, Marty. That one really tickled my funny bone. I'm still
chuckling - an hour later.
~Ruth N.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>
I came out of a convenience store the other day and some seedy
looking guy walks up to me and holds up a little sign: "DEAF &
MUTE... Can you spare $10?" Wow! What happened to a dollar or 2?
So I reached into my pocket for my wallet, opened it, took out a
folded piece of paper and handed it to him. It said: "I CAN'T
READ" and I walked away.


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Put in charge of organizing my friend's baby shower, I decided to
send out invitations via email. To let my husband know that he had
baby-sitting duty that day, I entered his name on the "copy to"
line. Within minutes of sending the messages, I received an email
back from my husband. He wrote, "Imagine my disappointment when I
realized that your invitation wasn't sent only to me." He was
referring to the "Subject" line of my message, which read, "Lunch
and a shower."

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

JURY DUTY SCAM This has been verified on Snopes.com (link listed below) and by
the FBI (their link is also included below). Please pass this on
to everyone in your email address book. It is spreading fast so be
prepared should you get this call. Most of us take those summonses
for jury duty seriously, but enough people skip out on their civic
duty, that a new and ominous kind of scam has surfaced. Fall for
it and your identity could be stolen, reports CBS.

In this con, someone calls pretending to be a court official who
threateningly says a warrant has been issued for your arrest
because you didn't show up for jury duty. The caller claims to be
a jury coordinator. If you protest that you never received a
summons for jury duty, the scammer asks you for your Social
Security number and date of birth so he or she can verify the
information and cancel the arrest warrant Give out any of this
information and bingo! Your identity just got stolen.

The scam has been reported so far in 11 states, including
Oklahoma, Illinois, Colorado, Iowa, and Nebraska . This (scam) is
particularly insidious because they use intimidation over the
phone to try to bully people into giving Information by pretending
they're with the court system. The FBI and the federal court
system have issued nationwide alerts on their web sites, warning
consumers about the fraud.Check it out here: http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/juryduty.asp
FBI website link: http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel05/092805.htm
~Tom S.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home