c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

1/10 - Blues on a dime

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sweet wife said that when son #4 got off of the bus-van today,
he was dejected and sad. “What’s wrong?” she said. He said, “Oh
mom, it was really bad today. It was the worst day in my whole
entire life time!” She said, “What happened today?” He thought for
just a second, shrugged his shoulders and said, “Oh, I don’t
remember.” And went inside to play.

Boy, wish I could turn off my blues that quickly...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty



=-=-=-
Reader Comments;

Hi Marty - enjoy your daily e-mails and hearing all about you and
your family.
~Pam

Hey marty, How about $465 Dollars worth of books....My apartment
cost $200 more then that for three months. Hmmm..a place to live
or books for school....choices.....
-Your Favorite brother in law

Hi Marty,
Since the books & courses are work related, maybe your work will
pay? If not, have you tried eBay and/or Amazon resellers? I needed
an Anatomy book for a course I'm doing & I found it on eBay at a
much lower price. Also, I found some very good Anatomy &
Physiology CD's on eBay to give me additional background. Last but
not least, some campus bookstores resell used textbooks.
Good Luck
Regards, Ruth

[Work will pay for my books, and tuition. As long as I get a B or
better. Guess I need to go study now.]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

One morning a big white goose showed up at our farm's chicken coop
and made herself at home. Knowing she had to belong to someone, I
called the state police to find out what to do. The trooper told
me to hold on while he checked. When he got back to me, it was
with these instructions: "First, preheat your oven to 400
degrees."
~Pam

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail
instead of his tongue.
-Anonymous

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you
are wonderful.
-Ann Landers

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where
they went.
-Will Rogers

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
-Andy Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can
spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal
man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.
-Franklin P. Jones

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise
-Unknown

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come
from a grocery with the most amazing haul, chicken, pork, half a
cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
-Anne Tyler

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not
bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a
man.
-Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you
a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of
that!'
- Dave Barry

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in
your pocket and then give him only two of them.
-Phil Pastoret

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am.
~Betty H.

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A few years ago we were desperately trying to sell our house,
which was situated on a busy thoroughfare. Our real estate agent
decided to have open-house inspection nearly every day to promote
the sale. We instructed the children not to talk to anyone about
the house.

One evening a man took our seven-year-old daughter aside and asked
if our house had any secrets he should know. Her first reaction
was to smile and ignore his question. But he became more
persistent and, finally, she confessed there was one secret but
she could not tell it to him.

"Now we're getting somewhere," he said. "Tell me the secret. I
promise I won't tell anyone."

She looked him straight in the eye and whispered, "We have
monsters in our sewer."

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home