c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Friday, January 12, 2007

1/12 - What goes in must come out

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday, January 12, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A special Friday morning edition;

Last night I got home from school, and it was getting late. My
sweet wife was at a meeting, so I told the kid that they should
get ready for bed. I told each one, “Don’t forget to brush your
teeth.” When it was son #4’s turn, he was so tired he wanted me to
brush them for him. “I’ll open my mouth and you brush dad...”

Son #4 has his first loose tooth. Now a loose tooth on this one is
a milestone. Because of his radiation treatments after the tumor,
they told us that it’s possible that some of his adult teeth won’t
come in. But, just like everything else, we just have to wait and
see.

Anyway, I told him about the tooth fairy. “If you pull your tooth
out put it under your pillow, you’ll get some money.” His eyes got
real big and he said, “How much?” [Son #3 yelled from his bed, “I
get a buck and a half!” Oh, thanks...] I told him the tooth fairy
usually starts off small and gives 50¢ per tooth. Then he asked,
“What does the tooth fair do with all of those teeth?” I thought
for a moment, digging back in my subconscious thinking ‘what does
she do with them?’ Then I remembered something I had heard...
“She builds a big white castle with them.” He seemed to think that
was ok. We brushed for awhile, and then he said, “Dad, how much is
50¢?” I said, “Hmm... let’s see. If you save your money, and pull
out a second tooth, you can get a dollar store toy.” He kind of
frowned. Then I said, “Or, 50¢ will let you fart twice at the
dinner table and put money in the pizza jar.” His face brightened
up and smiled. “Really?” He thought that was the best idea in the
world. He started to wiggle his tooth as he walked to his bedroom.

No, my sweet wife wasn’t there to hear me, or I would have gotten
in trouble.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I had a friend send me a funny video this week. It’s a new
fangled way to get out of debt. I really think this one will work!



_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Arnold Schwarzenegger is blaming man for global warming. And
today Al Gore agreed with him. That's so typical. Two cyborgs
blaming the humans."
~Jay Leno

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A woman, her husband, and their four rambunctious young sons were
in their car waiting at a traffic. The woman glanced over at the
car next them, noticing a blissfully happy mother with her baby
daughter. Looking at her husband she said, "As soon as I lose my
weight from the last baby, I want to try for a daughter."
The husband reached up to the dash, grabbed an open box of snacks,
and said, "Here, have another cookie."

[Ok, I changed it from 3 to 4 boys. It just sounded more...
natural.]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Mr. Clark, I'm afraid I have bad news," the doctor told his
anxious Patient. "You only have six months to live." The man sat
in stunned silence for the next several minutes. Regaining his
Composure, he apologetically told his physician that he had no
medical Insurance. "I can't possibly pay you in that time."
"Okay," the doctor said, "let's make it nine months."

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home