c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

1/24 - Oh the humanity!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Art is something that I don’t think I will ever understand. I’ve
been to the Chicago museum of art, and I know there’s some cool
stuff there. But, I’ve also seen the Picasso sculpture in Daley
plaza in Chicago. I don’t get that. Maybe I’m just a back woods,
“sticksy” sort of guy. (Or maybe those artists are the ones who
have it down, and can sell their “art” for big bucks.)

Anyway, my sweet wife put a painting in an art gallery competition
last week. When she got there they asked her if she was a
beginner, intermediate or advanced artist. She said, “Probably
intermediate.” They asked her what awards she had won. “Um, I got
a couple ribbons at the fair.” They said, “Ok, you’re a beginner”.
So, she entered “Buddy” a picture of our dog when he was a puppy.
I saw it today for the first time, and thought it was really well
done. (Especially for a “beginner”).

She got a 2nd place ribbon. When she told me, I said that was
really good for her first show. But, when I went to see it today,
I was disappointed that she didn’t get 1st place. They picked a
pear for the blue ribbon.

I don’t know. You guys tell me. I’ll let you decide. Let me know
what you think.


Second Place "Buddy"



First Place Pear

Email me your thoughts...


Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. The painting is for sale.

p.p.s. Last weekend when son #4 woke up after he left his tooth
under his pillow, he ran into my sweet wife and said, “Look mom!
It worked for me! I got money!”

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

An orchestra was rehearsing a contemporary symphony in which there
was a particularly difficult jazz trumpet riff. However, none of
the trumpet players could play it. One trumpet player suggests
they hire in a jazz trumpeter. The conductor screams, "NO, NO,
NO!! Jazz musicians are irresponsible, can't play in tune, and
are not real musicians!!" Finally, they talk him into it.
The next night at 7:57 (for an 8:00 rehearsal) the jazz musician
shows up carrying his trumpet in a paper bag. The conductor
decides to wait until after to yell at him. But the jazz-man plays
the riff perfectly the first time. The conductor tries to thank
him after rehearsal, but the cat is gone. The next couple of
rehearsals go pretty much the same way, with the cat actually
playing the entire first trumpet part - perfectly. Finally, the
conductor grabs him after rehearsal and says, "You know, at first
I didn't want to hire you because I thought jazz musicians were
irresponsible and couldn't play in tune, but I must say you have
changed my mind. Thank you." The jazz-man says, "Well, cat, I
figure it's the least I could do since I can't make the gig."
~Shannon

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

After shopping at a busy store, another woman and I happened to
leave at the same time, only to be faced with the daunting task of
finding our cars in the crowded parking lot. Just then my car horn
beeped, and I was able to locate my vehicle easily. Wow," the
woman said. "I sure could use a gadget like that to help me find
my car." "Actually," I replied, "that's my husband."
~Wanda D

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

When future U.S. president William Howard Taft was president of
the Philippine Commission in 1900, Secretary of War Elihu Root
cabled him to ask how he was--Root had heard that Taft was ill.
Taft, who weighed over 350 pounds, reassured Root by cabling that
he was much better and that he had, in fact, just returned from a
twenty-five-mile ride on horseback. Elihu Root cabled back, "How
is the horse?"

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with you. Your wife should have received the first place ribbon for her painting.

    Elizabeth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home