c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, January 15, 2007

1/15 - Cold prep work

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, January 15, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brr... It’s a cold cold night out there. I took the garbage out
without a coat on, and when I got back I yelled, “WOW! It’s cold
out there!” (Ok, it’s only about 8º right now, but it’s still
cold...) Son #2 and #4 said, “Let me see!” So, son #4 went out
without a shirt and neither boy had shoes on. Son #4 was back in
about 10 seconds. Son #2 said, “I could stay out here all night,
it’s not cold.” We all stood by the door as he looked at the sky
and watched his breath. When he knocked on the door about 2
minutes later he said, “My feet are cold. Let me get some shoes on
and I’ll go right back outside.” He came in, but never went back
out.

Ok, so it’s just a little cold here. The guy on the radio said
Roosevelt Utah was -30º last night, but my dad’s town of Randolph
(which is usually the coldest) was only -24º I’m disappointed in
the old town. They can do better than that!

So, 98% of you reading this issue will have a warm furnace and
electricity tonight. But, what would happen if... Maybe we should
all think about getting a 72 hour kit for our homes and maybe a
contingency plan if things went bad quickly.

Keep warm...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty



=-=-=-
Reader Comments

Heya Marty:
Uh, listen, I regret to have to tell you this, but even though
your sweet wife was not there to hear what you told #4 about how
fifty cents would allow him to pass gas twice at the dinner table
which would cause him to put his money in the pizza jar, I am
positive that your dear son, with normal 5 year old enthusiasm
will tell her all about it. So you might get double your trouble
that way. :) Just a thought from a mom who's been there... Keep
up the great jokes and family stories.
Shannon in Nevada

[Somehow she found out. Maybe she snuck into my computer and read
the JOTD issue. Grin]

Marty, If your school costs arent reimbursed by your employer,
you can always use them as a tax deduction next year (because it
is work related). Amber K.

[True... but, can I have work pay for it and take the deduction?
Naw, not the right thing to do...]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Noah was standing at the gangplank checking off the pairs of
animals when he saw three camels trying to get on board. "Wait a
minute!" he said. "Two each is the limit. One of you will have to
stay behind." "It won't be me," said the first camel. "I'm the
camel whose back is broken by the last straw." "I'm the one people
swallow while straining at a gnat," said the second. "And I am the
one that shall pass through the eye of a needle sooner than a rich
man shall enter heaven." said the third. "Well, I guess you had
better all come in," said Noah, "the world is going to need all of
you."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Safety is a major concern at the manufacturing company where I
work. So I'm constantly preaching caution to the workers I supervise.
"Does anyone know," I asked a few guys, "what the speed
limit is in our parking lot?" The long silence that followed was
interrupted when one of them piped up. "That depends. Do you mean
coming in to work or leaving?"
_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"I like to think of my behavior in the sixties as a "learning
experience." Then again, I like to think of anything stupid I've
done as a "learning experience." It makes me feel less stupid."
~P. J. O'Rourke

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home