c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8/29 - Blind Worry Wart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of the things that is beginning to worry my sweet wife and I
is son #4’s bone flap. Or lack thereof. After 6 weeks sitting in
a freezer and 6 more weeks of radiation, some of it is dying
and being absorbed back into the body. He’s getting a larger
and larger section of his skull that’s missing. (We’ll see
the doc about it in October...) My wife and I find ourselves
inadvertently rubbing our hands over his head just to feel
if the bone is losing any more area. The other day he got
a little irritated with the head rubbing.

“Mom” son #4 said
“Yeah?” my sweet wife replied
“Do you worry about me a lot?”
“Yes. We both do.”
“Is that why you rub my head?” he said
“Yup, We’re just checking your bone flap.”
He replied, “I have a solution.”
“What?” my sweet wife replied.
“Stop worrying!” he said.

If it were that simple...

At least it’s not as bad as when there was no bone flap.

And... the rest of the boys started school on Monday. Son #4 goes
to a different district and starts a week later. But today he got
to be ‘interviewed’ by his teacher. Mrs. N is the same teacher he
had last year. When my sweet wife and son #4 walked in the school
and down the hall, son #4 heard Mrs. N talking with another lady.
He ran down to her with his arms wide open saying, “Mrs. N! Mrs.
N!” then he grabbed her around the leg and gave her a great big
hug.

Mrs. Newbold said, “Son #4, you’re hugging my friend, I’m right
here.” He looked up and said, “Oh, sorry.” And ran over to his
teacher and gave her a hug.

I guess they’re used to that at the school for the blind...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections

You've probably gotten quite a few e-mails letting you know that
there weren't any jokes to enjoy. I guess the joke's on us! Ha ha!
James in California

[Oops!]

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Arriving home from work at my usual hour of 5 p.m., I discovered
that it had not been one of my wife's better days. Nothing I said
or did seemed to be right. By 7 p.m., things had not changed, so I
suggested I go outside, pretend I had just gotten home, and start
all over again. My wife agreed. I went outside, came back in and,
with a big smile, announced, "Honey, I'm home!" "And just where
have you been?" she replied sharply. "It's after seven o'clock!"


<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Why We Split Up
She told me we couldn't afford beer anymore and I'd have to quit.
Then I caught her spending $65.00 on make-up. And I asked how come
I had to give up stuff and she didn't. She said she needed the
make-up to look pretty for me. I told her that was what the beer
was for. I don't think she's coming back.

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

My sister had been ill, so I called to see how she was doing. My
ten-year-old niece answered the phone.
"Hello," she whispered.
"Hi, Honey. How's your mother doing?" I asked.
"She's sleeping," she answered, again in a whisper.
"Did she go to the doctor?" I asked.
"Yes. She got some medicine," my niece said softly.
"Well, don't wake her. Just tell her I called. What are you
doing, by the way?"
Again in a soft whisper, she answered, "Practicing my trumpet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home