c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, August 14, 2006

8/14 - Ashes to Postage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, August 14, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Friday I got a call at work.
“Hello” I said
“Hi”
“What’s up”
“Not much, just putting up with the boys. Son #4 has asked me 4
times to put his bike helmet on and to help him get to the
neighbors so he can play with his friend B.”
“That sounds like fun”
“Yeah”
“Anything else exciting happen?”
“Oh yeah, your dad came in the mail today.”
“Huh?”

Then I remembered. Dad donated himself to the University when he
died
. They teach the University students, and send the ashes when
they’re done. But, it’s just a little weird to have dad around in
powdered form, so I sent my brother and sister an email asking who
wanted to host dad first. My brother said, “We’ll take him. But,
let me ask my wife first.” Hmm... that was 4 days ago.



My sister said, “Well, the last trip he took was down to Texas,
but we’ll take him if our brother doesn’t want him.”

I wonder what the postal regulations are. When my sweet wife
picked him up, the package had big red letters on all 6 sides of
the package; “HUMAN REMAINS”. She said she was a little
embarrassed walking out of the post office with him. Wow, the
things a sweet wife will do for you...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections


>I was having trouble with my computer. So I called Harold, the
>computer guy, to come over. Harold clicked a couple of buttons
>and solved the problem. He gave me a bill for a minimum service
>call. As he was walking away, I called after him, "So, what was
>wrong?" He replied, "It was an ID ten T error." I didn't want to
>appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, "An ID ten T error?
>What's that, in case I need to fix it again?" Harold grinned....
>"Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?" "No," I
>replied. "Write it down," he said, "and I think you'll figure it
>out." So I wrote down. I D 1 0 T
>I used to like Harold

>[We actually use that one sometimes, but never in front of
>customers. I also sometimes use the ol' Chair-keyboard-interface
>error!]

At a computer job I had several years ago, we would say it was an
"I/O" problem... not input/output, but idiot operator...
~Justin H.


_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A friend and his wife were considering traveling to Alaska for a
trip that the husband had long dreamed of taking. He kept talking
about how great it would be to stay in a log cabin without
electricity, to hunt moose, and drive a dog team instead of a
car. "If we decided to live there permanently, away from
civilization, what would you miss the most?" he asked his wife.
She replied, "You."

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

A husband and wife were involved in a petty argument, both of them
unwilling to admit they might be in error. "I'll admit I'm wrong,"
the wife told her husband in a conciliatory attempt, "if you'll
admit I'm right." He agreed and, like a gentleman, insisted she go
first. "I'm wrong," she said. With a twinkle in his eye, he
responded, "You're right!"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

While taking down the vitals for a soon-to-be mom, I asked how
much she weighed. "I really don't know," she said. "Well, more or
less," I prompted. "More, I guess," she answered sadly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home