c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

8/16 - Freon Chicken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What’s for dinner honey?”

“I was thinking about making chicken parmesan.”

“Oh, too bad, I was thinking of doing some chicken on the BBQ
grill.”

“Cool, I’d rather have you cook anyway. But, you’ll have to go down to the freezer and get some chicken.”

I did, but I hadn’t been in the freezer for awhile. I almost had a
hard time opening the door because it was so full of ice. “Uh oh”
I thought, time to defrost.”

But, I was supposed to cook the chicken, what was I to do?

Ahh... that’s what boys are for! I asked son #2 if he’d BBQ our
chicken while son #3 and I hacked at the ice and used blow dryers
to melt the ice. Son #2 was a little hesitant, but agreed.

Everything was a great hit. The freezer got done and the chicken was wonderful. Hmm... sometimes these boys really are helpful... I didn’t even puncture any freon tubes. That I know of.



Not mine.
[Do you know how few iced freezer pictures there are on the internet? Not many]

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment sections



_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"Do you love me with all your heart and soul?" asked Becky.

"Mmm hmm." replied Dave.

"Do you think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Do you think my lips are like rose petals?"

"Mmm hmm."

"Oh Dave," gushed Becky, "You say the most beautiful things!"



<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Our Marine unit was being transferred to the Navy ship USS
Princeton, off the coast of Vietnam. The squadron embarkation
officer and I had just stepped off a helicopter onto the deck of
the vessel to supervise the move. Men in uniform were busy
everywhere, helping to get us settled into our new quarters. In
the middle of all this activity stood a large, unattended safe.
Soon the young Marine who had been assigned to guard it appeared.
"Don't you know you're not to let this safe out of your sight?"
snapped the embarkation officer. "Yes, sir," the Marine answered.
"But I figured if anyone could rip the door off this safe or carry
it away, I sure wasn't going to mess with him."
~Wanda D.

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

A seafood restaurant had a sign in the window that read,
"Big Lobster Tales, $5 each."

Amazed at the great value, a man stopped in and asked the
waitress, "Five dollars each for lobster tails -- is that
correct?"

"Yes," she said. "It's our special just for today."

"Well," he said, "they must be little lobster tails."

"No," she replied, "it's the really big lobster."

"Are you sure they aren't green lobster tails -- and a
little bit tough?"

"No," she said, "it's the really big red lobster."

"Big red lobster tails, $5 each?" he said, amazed. "They
must be old lobster tails!"

"No, they're definitely today's."

"Today's big red lobster tails -- $5 each?" he repeated,
astounded.

"Yes," she insisted.

"Well, here's my five dollars," he said. "I'll take one."

She took the money and led him to a table where she invited
him to sit down. She then sat down next to him, put her hand
on his shoulder, leaned over close to him, and said, "Once
upon a time there was a really big red lobster..."
~debi s.~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home