c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

1/19 - Chess Lice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, January 19, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, just a quick issue tonight. I took a little too much time
playing games tonight, and it’s almost 11:30. For those of you
who’ve been with us a LONG time, you’ll remember that I took a
chess class several summers ago. I really got into it. There’s a
guy in our Ward who I’ve played off and on with for the past
several years since I took my chess class. I’ve never beaten him.
He’s really good. His son is the one who plays drums, and loaned
my boys his drumsticks (because his drum set is “not in working
order” right now). Anyway, they were walking by our house tonight
and stopped by. “Dan’s here to give a drum lesson and I’m here to
play chess.” I had a few minutes. (90??) and we sat down. As
usual, he schooled me big time in the first game. I tried to blame
him for bringing his son over and beating on the drums trying to
distract me, but he just smiled. In the second game, I decided to
go all out and be very aggressive. About the 10th move, I had him
down by 3 points (a knight). I swapped pieces with him to the end,
and finally won my first game after years! I told him that was the
last game he’d ever get to play with me, so I could go out a
winner! (I ~think~ I was just kidding).



Two quick other things before I forget. First, my GG Grandpa’s
name is Winfield Scott Wickham, not “Scout”. D’oh.

And, son #4 had to get his shots yesterday before he could start
school. They make them get a chicken pox shot now. Hmm... (My
sweet wife, me, and my older thee boys all got it the ‘normal’
way. Why can’t they still do that now?) Anyway, he had to get 4
different shots. 2 in each arm. After the first shot my sweet wife
said he yelled at the nurse, “NO! No more shots! Don’t shoot me
again!” He lost that argument and ended up with 3 more shots. Oh
well, at least he can go to school now.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Wow Marty, #4 does look very cute in those glasses. Thanks to the
sweet wife for snapping that adorable picture.
~Brandy in Indiana

Hey Marty! Let son #4 that he looks great in his new specs. He is
gorgeous!
~Kathleen

[The only problem is, after looking at the picture, it looks like
he has his “LICE” hat on. Oh well, at least they’re head lice. Yuk
yuk.]

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marty,
    Been missing you! I sure hope and pray that all is well with you and your family. Come back soon! :o)
    Shay from Idaho

     

Post a Comment

<< Home