c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

1/24 - Casting Error

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you miss me yesterday? Naw, I didn’t think so. I just took an
extra day off. (Kinda like a three day weekend...)

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I told you that son #3 had
broken his arm the last day of school, just before Christmas
vacation? Well, my sweet wife emailed me the other day, in answer
to my question of, “When does he get his cast off?” She replied
back (and I have the email to prove it!) that he could get his
cast off on the 21st of January. (You can see where this is going,
can’t you?)



She told me that he’d have to wait until Monday to get it off, and
x-ray’d again. Well, Saturday was son #3’s ‘Saturday with dad’.
All day long he kept bugging me to take his cast off. He kept
picking at it, little by little. I think more to bug me and his
mom, than to really get it off. I finally said, “Ok, when we get
home, get me a saw and I’ll saw it off.”

He did. I think he was just testing me to see if I’d truly do it.
So, I grabbed his arm and started carefully sawing. His eyes got
really big, “You’re really going to cut it off??” Yup. We had a
good 20 minute laugh. We kept saying, “Now kids, don’t try this at
home” and laughed and laughed. We had a great time. That is until
mom found out.

Boy, she was really mad. I don’t think I’ve seen her that mad for
awhile. She didn’t yell or anything, but a guy can just tell.
Anyway, son #3 sensed her anger too, and thought he’d done
something horrible. He started to get scared and say that the
doctor was going to kill him when she found out we took his cast
off. So he quickly put the cast back on, got some wood glue and
some scotch tape and tried to make it look like nothing had
happened. It was such a funny site that I couldn’t help but laugh
and laugh at son #3. And then my sweet wife just stood there with
her arms folded, tapping her foot on the ground.

(Like I said, I have the email from her to prove it was ok to take
it off on the 21st)

Anyway, I thought it was funny...

Tune in tomorrow and I’ll tell you about son #4’s first day at
school, or our trip to Make-a-Wish on Monday for Family night.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty


P.S.
Here’s a couple of fun sites;

Pop the packing bubbles

Or, get free phone information look ups by calling 1-800-free-411

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty,
Been missing you! I sure hope and pray that all is well with you
and your family. Come back soon! :o)
Shay from Idaho

[Well, I’m glad someone missed me!]

>Not getting your email from Marty’s Joke of the day?
>Has Yahoo Groups unsubscribed you?
>To Re-join, send a blank email to
>martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

^
How would I know this if I wasn’t getting your (and my favorite)
JOTD? BTW, Love your jokes & happy to hear everyone is back to
having fun. I am a faithful reader and I would miss it!
~Gene J.

[Ever time I put in an issue, I wonder if anyone ever reads that.
Now I know!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home