c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

1/25 - Stupid Head Pink Bully

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, son #4 finally got all of his medical stuff out of the way, got
4 shots, had his parents fill out tons of paperwork, and finally
got to go to school Monday. [By the way, I was talking to a nurse
manager today at one of the pediatric offices I work at, and she
said that sons #1 and #2 will have to get shots before school next
year. But, they don’t know it yet... hehehe] Anyway, son #4 was
really excited to go to school. In his preschool class there are
only 7 kids and 3 teachers. All of these kids are visually impaired
in some way or another, so they all get a lot of attention. What
they plan to do with son #4 is to get him used to a school
environment, and then at some point mainstream him into a regular
class, with some sort of visually impaired equipment.

I was impressed that even at this early age, they try to teach
these little kids brail, along with letters. But, even without that
he seems to be doing just fine. He can write his name and read the
names of colors; sort of. When son #2 saw that he had colored
something red that said ‘red’ he praised him up and down, “That’s
so cool, you’re so smart!” After he left, son #4 went up to my
sweet wife and said, “Mom, I’m not so smart. The teacher helped
me.”

Today I asked him if he’d made any friends and he said, “Yes. One
good friend and one mean one.” I thought, uh oh. There’s a bully
already? I pressed further, “Why is he mean. Did he do anything to
you?” He said, “No. He just used bad family words.” I asked him
what bad family words were, and he couldn’t explain. (or I couldn’t
understand what he said) I asked him what the words were, and he
said the kid said, “Stupid head”.

Hmm... those are pretty rough words. I may have to take a day or
two off and sit in the class room and straighten those little ones
out!

On the first day of school for son #4, My sweet wife insisted that
she attend. I think she’s going to have some withdrawal symptoms
having her littlest boy go to school, and at an early age to boot.
She did ok today though, she made a huge list of things to do while
everyone was at school. I’m just afraid of what will happen when
she’s done with her list. Maybe she can go back to school. Or,
better year I can get her to paint our house. Did I ever tell you I
live in a pink house? Now there’s a story I’ll have to tell you
someday.



For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I understand your sweet wife's point of view, but I think it's
really funny too. "Now kids, don't try this at home." Ha ha ha!
That's great. You should have set up the video camera.
~James in California

I'm missing Justin, where is he?
~Justin’s Sister

[Justin? Justin who?]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home