c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, August 01, 2005

8/1 - Start Here


Picture taken late summer, 2005

If you’re just joining us for the first time, I’d like to
introduce you to our family. I’m Marty, and this is my family. Son
#1, #2, #3, and #4. And that hot looking redhead? That’s the love
of my life, my sweet wife. So, why the numbering system instead of
names for my boys? I think there are a lot of less than desirable
people out there, so I’d like to keep my family at least semi-
anonymous.

Anyway, I love good clean jokes and I’m a computer guy, so I
started sending them to my family and friends. (You know; those
obnoxious people who send you everything under the sun. I’ve
reformed, I promise!) So, after awhile my email list got so big,
(and my boss at work started asking questions about bandwidth
usage) that about 6 years ago someone suggested that I join Yahoo
Groups
. So I did. I sent out my jokes with a few stupid stories
about my raising my family. We grew and grew and our email list is
currently about 6,000 readers.

Then, just over a year ago, the Blog thing started getting really
hot
. I figured what the heck. I could put stuff on a blog too. So,
I started publishing in September of 2004 here on Blogspot.com
(You can see our whole 6 year run [including the birth of son #4]
here on Yahoo Groups.)

Then, when things were going along quiet nicely, in August of
2005, our world fell apart. Son #4 was diagnosed with a brain
tumor. Well, you can read all about it in the following pages.
This page begins with our life in August 1st, 2005, just after a
couple of Boy Scout summer camps. Things start to get exciting
about the 7th or 8th of August.

Press the “Next issue” button at the bottom of each issue. You’ll
get the idea after an issue or two.

And, last of all, I’d love to hear comments from you.

Marty

November 17, 2005

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    How have ya'll been doing? I haven't seen an update on your Blog is ever so long. Hope things are going well.

    Ruby from Texas

     

Post a Comment

<< Home