c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

1/5 - Paper Noni Juice

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, January 05, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got to work about a ½ hour early this morning. Just as I sat
down my sweet wife called me. “Dija see us in the paper?” I had
forgotten. “No” I said. “I didn’t either, but I just got a call
from someone trying to sell us Tahitian Noni Juice. They say it’s
supposed to cure pediatric brain tumors.” Wonderful, I thought,
we’re going to get a dozen calls from crackpots today. That’s just
what we need. Thankfully, that was the only call.

(You can read about us in the paper on the blog site)

Today we took son #4 to a couple of schools to look at before we
register him. One was the Utah School for the deaf and blind, and
the other was in our district that had a few impaired kids, but
mostly paying students. The school for the deaf and blind appeared
to be more academically geared, and has school 6 hours a day,
compared to the other at just 2 hours a day. We still have yet to
make a choice, but will need to by Monday.

Remember back when all of the boys shaved our heads for son #4’s
last surgery? Several of you on the list (and at church) asked why
my sweet wife didn’t shave her head, or at least cut her long red
hair short. She later told me that son #4 went up to her one day
and said that her long red hair was the only way he could tell her
apart from other moms.

But today as they drove past the same barber shop he said, with an
evil grin, “Mom, you can cut your hair today.” She said, “Really?”
He said, “Yeah, but just one of them!”

Yeah, I wonder who he’s been hanging around.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

P.S. For those of you so inclined, Sunday is ‘Fast Sunday’. If
you don't have anything to fast and pray about, join us in fasting
for our first of many clean scans for son #4 next Tuesday.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hi Marty! I keep up with you and your family every day through
your email newsletter. I make sure I always read it, not for the
jokes, but for news of your family. Me and my guide dog are
praying that God will manifest his special, loving presence for
all of you, even though things seem incredibly rough right now. We
pray for healing for Son No. 4, and for all of the things you all
are going through right now. God Bless all of you!
~Your Friends: Thair and Chadwick

[Woof, woof, bark, pant pant woof. Pant bark bark!! (Grin)]

5 Comments:

  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Someone gave us noni juice right after Steven was diagnosed also.

    Our first MRI post treatment almost caused me a nervous breakdown from stress.

    We'll be praying for Jimmy's first (of many) clean MRI's.

     
  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marty,
    We have 2 friends who are purveyors of the Mighty Noni. One of them gave my mother-in-law an article about Noni curing NF related learning disabilities. Didja know that genes can be "cured"? No, me neither. Anyway, when Genna got sick, I told my parents to make sure, make sure neither of our dear Noni friends came within 50 yards of me bearing that foul smelling cure for all that ails ya. I explained exactly what I would do with both info & juice should anyone present it, which was perhaps uncharitable but I was not really fit to be near man or beast.

    It worked. No one has approached me with any sort of juice, balm, or funny headdress, for which I am grateful.

    And sadly, one of the Noni-friends just learned they have some sort of melanoma thing going on...ugh.

    must run, but the Mighty Noni caught my eye.

    peace,
    and best on the scan--

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marty,

    We will be joining you and your family during this fast and prayer time.

    Highland, CA

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Tanu said…

    I enjoyed Reading your Blog. This one was one of the Best I read today. Thank you
    I just added your blog to my book marks and will be checking back often.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sending extra prayers for the scan tomorrow, the night before jitters are horrendous.
    so are the week before.
    and two weeks before.
    today is 3 weeks before for us, I'm not totally freaking out yet (um, right....).
    peace,
    Kristin, Genna's mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home