c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

1/18 - Sweet Genealogy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tonight my sweet wife and I went to the local genealogy branch
library
. I’ve got a Great Great Grandfather named Winfield Scott
Wickham. (I always thought that was a cool sounding name) We
looked up his census records. At the library, they have full
access to the ancestry.com and rootsweb.com sites, so it was
pretty easy. We found him and his family in the 1860, 1870, 1880,
1900, and 1920 Census, all within the first 30 minutes of looking.
Computers are so cool.

1880 Census

Anyway, after we left, I had to fill up the gas tank. I told my
sweet wife that I’d buy her an ice cream cone at the gas station.
(Thinking I might save a buck and a half because it was 15º out
and she wouldn’t want ice cream. No luck; she still got a little
bowl.) Anyway, when I went to pay with a credit card, the 20
something year old attendant asked me for my ID. On all of my
credit cards I always write “CHECK ID!” in big letters where the
signature goes, then sign my name in itty bitty letters. So, when
he asked for ID I said, “Oh, what, does it say to check my ID on
the back of my card or something?” He looked at the back of my
card and said, “Hey, Schaweeet!”

I looked at my sweet wife and said out loud, “Dija hear that
honey? Look, he’s got two earrings, and he called me sweet!” His
eyes got really big and he said, “Oh, no. I didn’t mean that.
That’s just wrong.” I smiled and turned away.

As we walked outside my sweet wife said, “You’re going to get
yourself in trouble one of these days.”

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

P.S.
BTW, my sweet wife snapped a good picture of Jr. and his glasses on. I posted it on the blog.



=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Just happened to be online when this dropped down and it is 9:08PM
on Tuesday night here - wonder where this email has been all this
time?
~Rowena C.

[Cyber surfing? No, I sent Monday’s issue out late (Tuesday about
6PM. Yahoo must be sitting on them, because I didn’t get Tuesday’s
until just tonight. But, the blog site is always up to date.
http://www.martysjotd.blogspot.com]

2 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Marty, #4 does look very cute in those glasses. Thanks to the sweet wife for snapping that adorable picture.

    Brandy in Indiana

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Marty! Let son #4 that he looks great in his new specs. He is gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home