c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

1/16 - Bad Decision? Maybe...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, January 16, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes, in the heat of the moment, you make decisions that you
later say, “What in the world was I thinking?!” Such was the case
with this weekend.

Friday afternoon we took the Scouts to our cabin. Ok, it’s not
really our cabin, it’s my sweet wife’s brother’s wife’s mother’s
father’s cabin. But, it would be cool to own it. Anyway, the
Scouts stayed up late, and, of course, got up early. We hiked both
in and out on 10 feet of snow, and there were only a couple of
snowshoes that we brought. So, we were tired and wet after hiking.

So, point number one, don’t make quick decisions when you’re
tired.

My #1 brother came in from California on Friday for his daughter’s
gymnastic competition. She was awesome, and won the all-around for
her age and level. Anyway, when he was here he decided to empty
his storage unit of stuff they have stored. Now, my brother, who
is a couple years younger than I am, was ‘cool’ in High School.
But looking back, I guess I had it pretty good too. Anyway, one
thing that I thought made him even ‘cooler’ was that he played the
drums. And he was pretty good at it too. He also played for the
University of Utah drum line for a couple of seasons.

Anyway, in the back of his storage shed, sat his old drum set.
After going through all of the stuff, my brother decided he didn’t
need it anymore and set it in the DI pile. (or an officieal reference
on DI) On our last trip down, I took son #2 with and told him not to
whine if he didn’t get what he wanted. He had no idea what I was
talking about, but was agreeable and said, “Ok.”

So, maybe it was being tired and wet, or the lack of sleep. Or
maybe it was grunting and groaning all day helping my brother move
his storage shed worth of stuff, or maybe just a (finally)
agreeable son #2, but I relented and took the drum set home. Or
maybe it was because I wanted to be ‘cool’ too, but...

We now have a 4-piece drum set in our basement. And with that,
goes all the noise and arguing about who’s turn it is.

Bad decision? We’ll see? There’s still always the DI.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Hello Marty:
You said in your intro to Wednesday's jokes:
>They want to know everything. Not only his immunizations, but
>when he hopped on one foot 3 times, when he first turned his head
>left, when he first turned his head right. There were papers for
>his primary care pediatrician to fill out, and even his dentist.

Yeah! Welcome to the wonderful world of IEP and a kid in a
special education classroom. We have to do that with Daughter#2
who is 6 every time she changes schools (because of our district's
silliness), which so far has only been twice. As if they really
think parents with more than one child and with a life can
remember when the kid hopped on one foot three times. Let us all
know how it goes. You've got my sympathy on that tall stack of
paperwork.
~Shannon in Nevada

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home