c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

12/21 - Snap Crackle Pop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This morning my sweet wife and I took son #4 to the local school
district’s pre-school center. They had representatives from the
Utah School for the blind there too. They wanted to evaluate son
#4 to see if he qualified for their services (he did), and to tell
us all about what both schools offer. The school for the blind has
full day sessions, fewer kids (all disabled), and more teachers
per pupil. The district has 2 hours a day session, with both
disabled and regular ‘paying’ kids.

When we set up today’s appointment, I thought we were just signing
him up for classes. Now we need to visit both school classes and
see what they’re doing so we can decide where to enroll him.
Another ½ day of work I have to ask for off. Good thing my boss is
a cool guy. (but don’t tell him I said that!)

Then, this afternoon my sweet wife called me 20 minutes before the
elementary school let out for Christmas vacation. (Um, sorry,
Holliday recess...) “The school called. Son #3 hurt his hand at
recess. They said it’s not bad, but he should be picked up.”
Apparently he jumped off of the side of the slide at school and
slipped. He landed on the ground on his hand and face. My sweet
wife called me 2 hours later while walking out of the doctor’s
office with a cast on his broken wrist.

I guess that’s not too long. We went about 15 months since son #2
broke his arm in the same playground.

Yeah, this is just what we needed. But, if you think about it,
broken bones are a piece of cake comparatively.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

All quiet today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home