c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

1/4 - Dead Skin in the paper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today son #3 got to go to the doctor to change the 2 week old cast
on his broken arm. He was hoping for a blue cast, but they still
didn’t have any blue stuff to put on, so he settled for a new
white cast again. She said the cast wasn’t in as bad of shape that
she thought, but son #3 said his arm was hurting so she wanted to
check it our anyway. Son #3 is a saver. He loves to save
everything. (Maybe like his grandpa??) So, you guessed it, he
saved his old cast. “Here dad! Come look at my cast!” I was a
little stinky on the inside, but he assured me that, “it’s not
even black inside.” Oh, joy. I really wanted to think about an old
broken arm cast that’s dead rotten skin inside.


(No, not #3's broken arm.
Just a pic I found on the net)

Remember the other day when I told you that a reporter from the
newspaper
came for dinner? (And brought dinner too!) She was doing
a story about pediatric brain tumors and son #4. Well she called
me the other day and said it should be in tomorrow’s paper. Then
she said she had a few more questions about son #4, then said,
“Oh, and did I read correct in the paper that your father just
died?” “Yeah” I said. So now I hope the article doesn’t make us
look like we feel really dumped upon. Because, things could be a
whole lot worse then they are...

Anyway, keep smiling!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-

Reader Comment Section:

Yawn... Anyone out there?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You think saving a plaster cast is bad? That's nothing -- even my otherwise neat-freakish brother saved his when he was a kid. But when my husband was a kid, he slammed his finger in the car door. When his fingernail fell off, his mother saved it. For more than 30 years!! Blech!

    Although I've written you many times before, I think I'll sign this anonymously... Just to be on the safe side! LOL :-)

    Take care!
    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home