c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, May 02, 2005

That's the Risk you take...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, May 02, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you’ve been with us awhile, you know that I’m a fierce
competitor when it comes to Risk, Monopoly, and chess games. No
normal people want to play me because I’m so ruthless and good at
them. (Ok, I can get my sister to play monopoly on-line with me
sometimes, but remember, I said ~normal~ people –grin sis-).

Last Sunday we borrowed Risk from brother in law #2. Last night son
#1 and #2 played me. They’ve heard legends of my ruthless ways, so
they decided to gang up on me, and they beat me in the first 3
turns. It was all part of my strategy. It left them wanting more.
So after family night tonight, they wanted to play again. This time
I told them that we would have the 3 of us, plus on ‘neutral’ army
(to give myself a little more protection). They tried to gang up on
me again, but I made one treaty (to son #2’s advantage) that I
wouldn’t take over any country in Africa, if he didn’t take me out
in South America. He agreed. A few turns later, son #1 had him
convinced that it was time to break the treaty with me. As he
decided if he was going to kill me in South America, I turned on
the ruthlessness...

Now I know son #2. He has a real soft heart, deep deep inside he’s
a teddy bear. (Although he’s getting a pre-teen attitude lately...)
And, like I said, I’m ruthless. So I played on his tender feelings
and said, “You know, I’m ok if you kill me. You just have to live
with yourself after this game, knowing that you and I made a
promise to each other, and you were the one who broke it.” Son #1
went nuts, “NO! Don’t let him do that to you! You know that’s the
only way we can win! If you don’t kill him now, he’ll get us both!”
Then I said things like, “That’s ok, you know, ~I’M~ not going to
break our treaty, but you can. It’s ~your~ choice. You have free
agency.” But I added, “But, I can’t believe you’d sell your good
word for winning one game of Risk.” And finally, “Wow, I can’t
believe you’re going to sell your birthright for a mess of
pottage.” (That one got him...)

For now, I won. He didn’t attack and I survived yet another turn.
I’m so mean.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

No Marty It' clockwise in the SOUTHERN hemisphere. We went through
all that before. Maybe that’s why no one wanted to answer them
again [grin]
Randt, Sacramento

[But, but... my toilet goes clockwise and I’m in the Northern
hemisphere. Grin... let’s drop that one before it gets out of hand,
‘eh?]

>24. On the back of a Canadian $1 coin, what is in the center?
>You'd have to be loonie to know that.
>[I had a very nice young canidian girl send me a loonie AND a
>twonie. So I got that one right!]

Hey Marty,
Thanks for calling my 'a young Canadian girl'. In my heart I'm
still 25, but 'for real'? well ... I'm a little older than that!
Okay, maybe more than a little older. But hey, being called a young
girl will make me smile through my day. Hey, maybe that's what we
all should do ... be a blessing to as many people per day as
possible. A simple smile or a nice comment might go a long way.
Paulette

[Figured I’d rather be safe than sorry!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home