c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

12/22 - Paper Movie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, December 22, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took the day off today, just to stretch my ‘holiday’ weekend out
a little longer. A good thing, because I’m starting to get a cold.
Rotten luck just before Christmas. But, we’ll make do.

We were going to go to a dollar movie this afternoon, but we
forgot that son #3’s Sunday school teacher was having a bowling
party today. As he left, my sweet wife turned to me and said, “I
didn’t know they were going bowling. He just broke his wrist
yesterday, how’s he going to bowl?” (“I bowled with my left hand,
and got 3rd best score out of the class!” son #3 later reported).
We didn’t ask what time they’d be home either, so it was too late
for the afternoon movie.

Tonight we invited a reporter from the local newspaper over to our
house. She wanted to do a story on son #4. She does a thing where
she interviews ordinary people over a free lunch. Some of her
stories are pretty interesting, and I’m always looking for a good
deal, so I emailed her a couple of weeks ago and said, “Hey, we’re
ordinary folks, come feed us!” She did. She brought pizza and we
talked about son #4 for almost an hour. If she doesn’t use our
last name in the paper, I’ll give you the link to the story,
(otherwise I’ll copy, edit, and paste it for you...) Son #4 was
asleep when she arrived, and was a little groggy during the first
part of the meal, but after awhile, he was chattering just like
the rest of the boys. She tape recorded it all, so I’m sure she’ll
find something to write about in there.

Just as she left, we looked at the clock and had 10 minutes to
catch the movie that we missed earlier. We made it. (We bought our
own popcorn this time too! So no more ‘hey taking your own popcorn
in isn’t honest’ emails –grin-). Anyway, we went to see Mobsters
and Mormons. Not a fantastic movie. And only mediocre at best, but
the popcorn was better than what I make. (It should be for $5.50 a
bag!)

Anyway, the newspaper columnist said the story would come out in a
couple of weeks.

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Marty,
I gotta ask. Are you lobbying for a particular present from Mrs.
Claus this year? The past few days there have been some jokes that
have been, (how should I say this?), patronizing to the fairer
gender. Keep it up. I love 'em! And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Todd H.

[Who me?]

Here’s a cool site that a reader sent in to me today.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home