c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

9/06 - Pink Lines and Army Guys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, September 06, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I told you that son #4 was starting to learn more anatomy and
medical terms. But I’m not so sure he’s got it all down though.
He’s now calling his PICC line his ‘pink’ line. And he calls the
self adhering elastic bandage he wears (called co-flex), his ‘corn
flakes’ bandage. And the two ‘ports’ at the end of the PICC line
(where you put stuff in) he calls his red and blue army guys. Nice
imagination, but that won’t get you out of medical school early!

Now, ladies and gentlemen, please give me a drum roll. Have you
ever opened a bill that said you owe a lot of money? I thought I
might act a little nervous or have a racing heart. But because we
were expecting it, it was kind of a letdown event. We got the bill
for (just) the hospital today. It was 12 pages long with hospital
charges 6 days in the pediatric ICU, and 4 days in the regular
hospital. Funny, I didn’t see any charges for his 4 pieces of
cheesecake the first day he was awake... but they do have
everything from several 2¢ acetaminophen doses, to a daily room
charge of $937.86, all the way to 176 minutes of Level IV
Operating Room time for $2552 (Yes, that’s $14.50/min!) Anyway,
this bill, of the 15 we’ve received so far, was $74,776.94 which
puts us so far at a total of $83,707.94. Pretty cool huh? Boy, am
I’m glad for insurance!!

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

All quiet today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home