c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, November 28, 2005

11/28 - Cheesy Fever



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, November 28, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a great Thanksgiving. We had two big dinners on two
different days. Wonderful stuff. On Friday, Betty, a reader whom
I’ve never met, but who knows my #1 mom, came to my mom’s house
just before our big dinner to visit for a couple of minutes. I had
the chef apron on, and was in the middle of cutting the turkey for
dinner. She got to meet son #4 and said what a cutie he was. (She
also told my mom later that I was much better looking in person
than what my picture showed. I think Betty is my new best friend.)
She brought goodies for our feast, including a bag-o-cheetos for
son #4. Then, when I got to work today, Shelly, (my best Harry
Potter friend in the world) brought son #4 a bag of special curly
cheetos. They look and taste like regular cheetos, but they turn
your mouth green when you eat them. I guess they’ve been around
for several years, and I guess I’ve just missed them. But cheetos
are all good, even if my sweet wife kept telling me to swallow
them before I stuck my tongue out to show people how green the
concoction was.

Anyway, back on Saturday son #4 wasn’t feeling well. He had a
hoarse voice, and said his mouth hurt. We didn’t know if it was
from the radiation or something else. Saturday night, son #2, #3
and me all got the touch of the flu. Son #2 even woke all of us
all up with his porcelain thunder early early Sunday morning. Only
my sweet wife and son #1 ended up going to church yesterday. When
Michelle the home care nurse came in today, she said son #4 had a
fever of 100º and my sweet wife should take him to oncology to get
him checked out. To make a long story short, son #4 ended up in
the hospital today. His blood counts looked fine, but they wanted
to pump him full of antibiotics and Tylenol to get his fever down.
The said the sore mouth and throat could be from the radiation,
but they weren’t sure. The last update I got was that he was
sleeping and that his fever had started to come down.

Just 4 more days... just 4 more days...

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

When my daughter Lizzie was about to loose one of her best friends
in Clinic, the Oncol Dr. came to me to talk so I could be
prepared. She told me that kids seem "closer", or more open to
visits by God, or angels, and have many times told of visits, or
visions of heaven, God, or often visits specifically from the
friend that died, to tell them and reassure them..so, when Liz
later told me Ashley was really ok, I did understand..
It is an amazing journey you are on..
~Mary D.

Dear Marty,

A few months ago, Mom #1 asked several of us to pray for little
Jimmy when he was first examined. I have read your updates,
jokes, etc., daily since then and have prayed that all goes well.
I have fallen in love with your dear little guy! He seems so
brave as he goes through the stressful treatments. This must be
by far the toughest thing you and your sweet wife have ever had to
face, and you seem to be handling it so well. May God watch over
all of you and help you through it.
~Betty H.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marty,
    We just did the fever/hospital/antibiotics thing today. Always a joy. We were lucky, though, Genna didn't have to stay. After Motrin & meds, she was A Wall of Perky Sound, chatting everyone to pieces. I think they couldn't take anymore...

    Anyway, hope #4 and all are feeling piles better by now--thinking of you all as the "end" of radiation is in sight!! a small advance "hooray!" from the NJ crew--
    best,
    Kristin, Genna's mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home