c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, January 02, 2006

1/2 - New Year Issue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, January 02, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Thank you all so very much for the emails of sympathy. I
appreciated each one of them. We had a great viewing and funeral
service for my dad on Thursday. He lived 2 hours away, and we’ve
been trying to find a will and other documentation at his home
this week. We’ve been up to his home 3 times already, and I know
we’ll need to plan even more time. Dad had several small strokes
in the last couple of years, and his memory and personality
changed during that time. I also think he was boarding on an OCD
hording problem. In any event, his house has several treasures and
lots and lots of other stuff there to go through, so we have our
work cut out for us.

Life is getting back to normal, or at least it will when we all go
to school and work tomorrow for the first time since before
Christmas. I’m a little nervous of what I’ll find and work. I know
it’s going to be a busy day.

The Vonage phone system works like a champ. The best thing is I
can call anyone in the US for free. This has really been a
blessing this last week having to call all over the place. I’ll
have to tell you more about the system later.

I can’t think about much funny that’s happened, but I’ll keep my
ear out tomorrow. Son #3 is scheduled to get the cast on his
broken arm replaced on Wednesday, after just 2 weeks. When the doc
put it on in the office, she said at his age the cast would get
filthy just about now. She was right...

Anyway, until tomorrow;

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Lots and lots of ‘em. Thank you so much. Sorry I couldn’t answer
them all.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marty,
    That's a beautiful photo--I've been thinking of your family a lot, and praying...
    peace,
    Kristin, Genna's mom (PBT list)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home