c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Monday, December 12, 2005

12/12 - Car Crash - New Hat - and a Close Call

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Monday, December 12, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s been a busy weekend. First, I’ve been swapping emails with
the YahooGroups email bot. I keep getting form letters back from
them telling me, “We can, at our pleasure, delete your YahooGroup
whenever we want for whatever reason we want. So there.” I’m still
pleading...

Here’s what we’ve done since the Thursday issue; Friday night son
#2, my sweet wife and I, all tried out for ‘The Sound of Music’
musical. Our stake (5 to 10 wards) is putting on a play in the spring.
There were very few of us who tried out, so they may change the
play, or just go with what we have. I certainly don’t want a
lead role. A bit part is fine with me. Son #2 sang very well for
his tryout. “He projects nicely” they said.

After the try-outs, my sweet wife and I headed to my former choir
director
’s husband’s home. We were going to listen to a new CD
they made of our recordings while we were still together.
Unfortunately, while just a few blocks from our house stopped at a
stoplight. An 80-year-old gentleman, in a large SUV decided to
plow into the car behind us, which smashed into us, which made us
bump the car in front of us. We’re fine, just sore necks and
backs. The car is ok, considering the car behind us ended up under
our rear bumper. More fun stuff to deal with.

Saturday we got a really cool festive hat in the post office box.
It was from someone in Plano Texas. I’ve never heard of the
sender, but in her letter she said she used to baby sit my sweet
wife when she was 4 or 5 years old. My sweet wife said, “I
remember her! She was the best and prettiest babysitter I ever
had!!” It’s certainly a small world isn’t it? The hat is a really
cool bouncy Christmas tree hat. Bad pic of son #4, but you get the
idea.



Then while I was taking son #3 out for our Saturday, my sweet wife
said that son #4 came up to her and said, “YOU’RE SANTA CLAUS!”
She got a startled look on her face and said, “What??” He replied
and said, “Yeah, you’re Santa Claus and I’ll be the little boy.
I’ll pretend to be asleep on the couch right here, and you bring
me candy, ok?”

*Fwew*

Today, Monday, son #4 was running around playing a waiter saying,
“Sir, may I take your order?” Just then Justin’s mom came over
with a delivery from Justin for son #4. It was a red fireman’s
hat. (Sorry, no pix yet). He put it on, and played all afternoon
saying, “Sir, is your house on fire?” “Hello, is your house on
fire?”

And, last but not least, I did get the new computer up and
running. By Sunday night, son #2 had my old computer completely
torn apart all over the living room. He said he was going to test
and keep the good parts for the computer he’s saving up for.
Scavengers...

Oh, one more last thing. What’s the best thing to do on Monday
family night, two weeks before Christmas? Go swimming! We finally
decided to all go swimming to celebrate son #4’s PICC line removal
and radiation treatment completion. Because everyone else was
doing ‘Christmas’ stuff, we had the entire swimming pool to
ourselves. Not another person came to swim. We had a great time.

Until tomorrow
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

Went to the blog to get news of family. Crabby ole auntie Kay's
daughter says they (YahooGroups) are anti Christ! but also they
want to be paid maybe or needed space? She was impressed with the
new case with the blue lights. Her dream is to get a lap top.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
~Kay L.

Why me?
Now who is going to feed my addiction to MJOTD?
How am I going to find out # 4 son's progess?
Unfair!
John C.

[You could always hit the blog site once a day.]

2 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you watch the PICC-line removal? I was present (and restraining her) when Paige got hers out. I couldn't watch. I did glance at it in the garbage can, but that was the closest I got. Nasty, nasty and amazing thing.

     
  • At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Marty,
    I think your blog ate my comment.

    I tried to say yesterday a THANKS for letting me know about Songs of Love...Genna's came on Monday, after a hideously long clinic day. I cried reading the lyrics...silly, but true.

    When Genna heard it, she got all big eyed, covered her mouth and said, "Do we get to keep it?" I figure since there's no huge market for songs about Genna Camiolo who loves Zoom, muenster cheese, pizza with Grandma, and Hello Kitty, she could probably keep it...

    so thanks--I only applied for it because of how you wrote about Jimmy's enthusiasm for his. And now my 3 year old goes around the house singing "Gen-na Camiolo, Gen-na Camiolo" over and over.

    peace,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home