c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

12/8 - Bye Bye Emails and missing bone

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thursday, December 08, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
December 8th, 2005; a day that will live in infamy. Well, maybe for
Marty’s joke of the day anyway. Remember on Monday that I said my
‘martysjotd’ account had been deactivated? Well, apparently
YahooGroups decided to deactivate the group known as martysjotd
too. So, as of right now I’ve lost all of your 5700+ email
addresses and worse, all of my emails for the past 6 years. I’m
trying to get the group back by pleading with YahooGroups, but all
I get is form emails. I’ll keep trying.

Does anyone have any of my emails prior to September of 2004 saved?
I think I could make it worth your while to send them to me!

Hopefully when 5000 of you realize that you’re not getting my
emails, you’ll come over to the blog and find out what’s going on
in our lives. Sorry, I don’t have much control over what happened,
but I’m trying my best to get things back going.

Let’s see; something funny tonight. My sweet wife said that son #4
walked up to her today and said, “Mom, why is my head soft right
here?” He pointed to a triangular spot on his head, a little larger
than a dime, where there was no bone. (I think this is normal,
because a friend at work who had similar surgery has the same type
of boneless ‘soft spot’). My sweet wife replied to him, “That’s
where you’re missing part of your bone.” He looked at her with big
eyes and said, “Oh, no! Not again!” She smiled and said, “No,
that’s just a little piece they left out. You don’t have to have
surgery to put that back.” He thought for a second and said, “Ok”
then ran off to play some more.

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. I guess I won’t need to add the “Enjoy today’s Jokes”
salutation anymore. For those who get (ok, got) this as email, I
stuck in 3 or more jokes at the end of the email. But, I haven’t
done that on the blog. What do you think? Would you like to read
jokes on the blog too? Let me know.

Oh, and P.P.S.
I got the rest of my computer parts today for the old PC. The case
is really cool. It’s got a plexiglas side, and blue lights where
you can see inside of the computer. Ok ladies, it’s a computer nerd
thing. Anyway, hope to have it all back up by the end of the
weekend.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

I hope you don't help your kids with their math homework. 2005-1941
does not equal 54.
~Chuck H.

Marty,
It's actually 64 years...for Pearl Harbor...1941.
~Shelly R. – aka Harry Potter Girl

[Ok guys. At 11:30 last night, counting decades on my fingers, it
seemed like 50 years. 10 years off wasn’t too bad, was it?]

Hey there.
It looks like your Christmas stories a day have been shut down...
any ideas?
~Justin H.

What is the status of the Story a Day Christmas stories - I saw it
mentioned a while back but nothing since - - I clicked on the icon
from back then via your Blog site, but it came up "not able to
view this page" or some such message.
~LaMonte H.

[Yeah, when YahooGroups took down martysjotd and all the email addresses with it, they took down the Geocities site too. (I guess Yahoo Bought them too.) So, I don’t have the 25 Christmas stories. Does anyone have copies of those? I’m bummed.]

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why me?

    Now who is going to feed my addiction to MJOTD?

    How am I going to find out # 4 son's progess?

    Unfair!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home