c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

11/29 - Feverish Hungry Scouts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who knows the 13 points of the Scout Law? A Scout is trustworthy,
loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful,
thrifty, brave, clean, reverent, and always hungry!

Tonight we went to our yearly town council meeting. The best part
was citizen comment time. One gentleman lives in the city limits,
but a neighbor who apparently runs a drug house, lives across the
street in an unincorporated county area. They’re serviced by two
different police forces. His comments got pretty lively, and when
he was done, the chairman invited him to step outside with the
city police chief to further discuss the issue. The boys all
thought they were going to duke it out in the parking lot. But no
such excitement.

One of the things I told the Scouts we would do after the council
meeting (if they behaved themselves) would be to go to Del Taco.
Tuesday is taco night here, and the Scouts have been bugging me
for weeks to go. I told them I’d buy them each 3 tacos for 99¢,
and if they wanted more, they had to bring their own money. Of
course they did. These scouts never cease to amaze me; one Scout
ate 10 tacos! When he was done he kept saying, “Hey, don’t tell my
mom, she’d kill me!”

I’m not sure his mom reads my emails, but maybe I’ll send her a
copy of tonight’s issue. (I’m so mean...)

Son #4 update: He and my sweet wife spent last night in the
hospital because he had an elevated temperature. He went all the
way up to 102º before things started going back down. Not a big
huge deal, but since he’s doing radiation treatments, they said it
can cause his immune system to be compromised. So they wanted to
stay on top of it pretty aggressively. Son #4 and my sweet wife
stayed in the immuno compromised unit of the hospital where
everyone wore masks, and you had to wash your hands before
entering. After what we’ve been through so far, this seemed like
easy pickings. (Although my sweet wife said she got less sleep
last night than any other night in the hospital.)

Anyway, he’s home tonight. Not at 100%, but that’s a combination
of the radiation and virus/infection/what-ever-he-had working on
him. It could be weeks before he comes back full strength.

Our last radiation treatment is Friday! Yipee!!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s.
A couple last minute things.
First, thank you Chris L. from PA and Melanie from NY for the
Holliday cards! They’re great, and now we know the P.O. Box works!

Next, we got an email from Uncle Butter in Chicago. Check out this
cool video
of synchronized Christmas lights on this guys house.

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

All Quiet today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home