c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Eleanor, Popcorn, and Medical terminology

******************************************************************
Welcome to: Marty's Joke of the Day

If you'd like to receive daily emails from us,
send a blank email to martysjotd-subscribe@yahoogroups.com or
visit us at http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/martysjotd

******************************************************************

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, September 22, 2004
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s Wednesday night, and choral practice night. For the past 4
years I’ve sung in the Eleanor Kennard Choral. This Christmas
season is a little different though. A couple of weeks ago, Eleanor
died of breast cancer.
(http://www.legacy.com/DeseretNews/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=2592688) We all promised her one last season, but this
will be our last. It’s been bittersweet to see former members come
back to sing with for our last season.

Anyway,

Because it’s Wednesday night, I usually get home from practice
kinda late and everyone is asleep. Tonight when I went into the
bedroom to check on my sweet wife before I wrote tonight’s issue,
son #4 was sitting there bouncing on the bed. “Guess who decided he
didn’t want to go to sleep tonight?” said my groggy sweet wife. I
said, “OK, I’ll take him. Hey, what happened funny today that I
could write about?” In her half asleep voice she said, “You could
tell them what I told you yesterday, that I think son #1 is growing
up because he took a shower without me telling him to.” I said,
“Close, but not quite what I’m looking for tonight.” Then I asked
son #4 what he did today. He jumped up and down on the bed and
said, while flapping his arms, “I went to the park and went ‘wee’
on the slide.” “C’mon squirt.” I said as we walked into the
kitchen. He wanted something to eat, so we popped some popcorn.
(Ok, I wanted something to eat too...) We went downstairs and here
we sit, him trying to feed me popcorn, telling me not to put my
hand in the bowl because it’s all his, me wrestling the mouse away
from him, and wondering where I’m going to find two more jokes.

So life goes on...

Tomorrow I’m taking my sweet wife to the play ‘You can’t take it
with you’. It’s a pretty late play, so I may do Thursday’s issue on
Friday.

Anway...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s. See the pre-test I took of 50 medical terminology words at the
end of today’s issue. Let’s see how many you know without looking
them up. The first one with more than 10 correct answers gets his
name and city in an issue!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home