c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

11/23 - I can't go "nil per os" on Thanksgiving!

27/33 = 82% - We should be done with radiation a week from Friday!


Son #4 with Santa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And a happy Thanksgiving Eve to all of you!

I took the day off from work. Not so much because I needed to, but
because I could, and didn’t have to. It’s been a long time since
~I~ took a day off. My sweet wife and I took son #4 up to the
hospital for his 27th radiation treatment this morning.
Afterwards, we decided to make a few stops on the way home. We
bought a birthday present for my #1 mom, and had to stop at the
grocery store to replenish the bag of cheetos that son #4 finished
off today. (And then $35 later, we figured cheetos are getting
awfully expensive!) Also on the way home, we also saw a sign at
the mall that said, “Santa is here!” I leaned over to my sweet
wife and said, “Dija see that sign?” My sweet wife said, “Yup.” So
off to the mall we went. It was only 9:30 and Santa didn’t come
until 10:00AM. And, since all 3 of us were NPO (except cheeto boy)
we decided to hit the local food court. (BTW, NPO is Latin for nil
per os or nothing per mouth, meaning you can’t eat or drink a
thing!) Luckily Chic-fil-a was open and had breakfast sandwiches
on the menu. (Ok, I can only go so long before my triglycerides
have to be pumped back up). We played with the funny curved mirror
until Santa showed exactly at 10:00AM. No one else was in line, so
son #4 and Santa had a good long talk. He pulled his real beard,
shook his bells, and asked about Rudolph. Unfortunately I didn’t
catch the part where Santa asked what he wanted for Christmas, so
we’ll have to try again. (I’ve posted several son #4 Santa
pictures on the blog).

One of the other things we did today was to go to the post office
and get ourselves a real live post office box. So, if you want to
exchange Christmas cards with us, or send son #4 a hat (he loves
to put on every kind of hat you can imagine!) address it to

Marty’s Family
P.O. Box 901072
Sandy Utah 84090-1072

If you send a Christmas card, we’ll try to send on right back!

Anyway, happy Turkey Day tomorrow!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

Marty and Son #4 on Sept 21st
The day of his bone flap replacement


Son #4 playing in the funny mirror before seeing Santa


Another Santa Picture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home