c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

12/13 - Aren't you a little young?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tuesday, December 13, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m still trading emails with a Yahoo bot named Vanessa. I keep
getting the same answers to different questions. So, I’m still
trying to get the Yahoo folks give me my emails back. I had a
friend of mine send me several months of emails that he had saved.
So now I’m missing Sept of 2001 through April of 2004. Does anyone
have any of those emails?

In another week or so, I may set up martysjotd2 as a yahoogroup
and start send out email again. But, we’ll see.

Today I was talking with some good friends over in the surgery
department. They had a great big poinsettia plant on their
counter. While I was talking, I grabbed the card that was in the
plant and looked at it. It was from a local mortuary. I looked at
her and said, “Gee, that’s a little strange.” She said with a
straight face, “Oh, I guess we give them enough business that they
send us one of these every year.”

For some odd reason I found that most hilarious and had a great
belly laugh.

Remember last night we went swimming? Well on the way home from
swimming, son #1 announced, “Oh yeah, I have a concert tomorrow
night.” D’oh! He said something about the instructor having had to
change the date, but then he forgot to tell us. So I quickly got
the assistant Scout Master to cover for me. Anyway, when son #1
sat down at his concert, he kept making gestures and ‘talking’
with someone in the audience in another part of the auditorium. He
was very animated and looked like he was having a great time. When
the family finally caught his eye, he just waved and looked at his
music. He didn’t want to ‘talk’ to us at all. After they played, I
asked who he was flirting with. “Oh, that’s Melissa. She used to
play first chair viola last year.” I said, “Oh, how come she isn’t
playing this year?” He said, “Because she’s in High School.”

Noooooo!!!!

Until tomorrow
Marty

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:

None today

=-=-=-
I found this picture the other day. It said, “Why we love the South”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home