c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

11/30 - Ride that hoarsey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, November 30, 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

31/33 = 94% - We’re done of Friday!

Wow, is this really the last day of November? Where does the time
go? It actually snowed here this weekend. I think I’ll take that
little fall season we had, and go with that again.

Son #4 seems to be doing better today. We think he was also a
little dehydrated Monday, which helped put in him the hospital.
But, he seems to be better today. Tuesday before my sweet wife and
son #4 got released from the hospital, the nurse went to flush the
army guys’ on his PICC line. He looked at her and said, “You
gunna do it with pep-rin, or sadie?” The nurse looked at my sweet
wife, (Who I swear has the gift of tongues) and said, “What did he
say?” My sweet wife said, “Oh, he wants to know if you’re going to
flush his PICC line with saline or heparin.” The nurse said, “Oh,
he’s the smartest boy I’ve ever had up here.” [Yeah, you have to
say that lady. (Grin).]

Now, his voice is getting a little raspy. It came on last weekend
just as he was getting sick. We haven’t figured out if it’s
because of radiation sores, or from a cold. Son #2 and my sweet
wife were with son #4 today when she said, “You sound a little
hoarse today.” Son #4 said, “What do you mean?” and she replied,
“You have a little hoarse voice.” (You can guess his reply) “No
mom, horses go nnaaaa.” Then son #2 laughed and said, “No, she
means you sound like you swallowed a frog.” Boy that got him mad.
“NO I DIDN’T!” and those were the last words son #4 said to son #2
for hours.



And last but not least. We went to a court of honor for son #2
tonight. While driving home we past Grandma and Grandpa #2’s
house. “Did you see where they put their Christmas tree?” my sweet
wife said to me. “No” I said. “It’s right in the middle of the
living room. They didn’t move furniture or anything.” “What in the
world? Why did they do that?” I said. My sweet wife replied,
“Because son #4 said, ‘Grandma, put the tree right here’”.

Hmm... strong personality, cute as a button, youngest child, pity
factor way off the chart... I still think there’s gunna have to be
some de-spoiling done on this kid. Someday, but not today.

Also, read a little further and check out the new section after the reader comment section. Merry Christmas!

For those of you who get this as email...
Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

p.s.
Here's a cool site that you can help a cold soldier this winter.
Thanks Wanda D.!!

=-=-=-
Reader Comment Section:
None today

=-=-=-
Christmas Story section
I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since a Scout in our ward came
up with 25 Christmas stories for his eagle project. He had us read
them to the folks down at the mental hospital. (A great experience
I’ll never forget) For the past 5 years on Marty’s Joke of the
day, it’s been a tradition to read a story a day until Christmas.
Here’s day one. (No peeking ahead!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home