c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

12/20 - Another two bite the dust...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of comments on a couple of comments.

Wanda D. Asks

>Marty
>Every year I look forward to your families Secret Santa stories.
>I hope you haven't out grown the practice? I hope you aren't too
>busy?? Fill us in Christmas is almost here!

Oh, yeah. Pixie week.
This year they’ve extended Pixie week to 10 days, and still only
require you to leave a minimum of 3 gifts. So, it’s tougher to
catch your pixie. This year I don’t think our pixie has been
ringing our door bell (or else we’re just too loud when they come!)
With the first gift we left our pixie family, the 4 boys snuck up
to the door, dropped the gift, rang the door bell, and ran to the
van. While they were running, son #3 let out a huge squeal,
“AAAIEEEEE!!” loud enough to wake everyone up in 3 closest
neighborhoods. Not thinking, son #2 yelled out, in equal vigor,
“SHUDDUP [Son #3]!!!” So anyone within earshot could tell who we
were. Luckily, I think they weren’t home.

Then, my Brother #1 writes

>Speaking of hammocks...
>Look at #3. Is that the configuration that [Son #3] has?


>“CPSC reported in August 1996 that the product had resulted in
>the fatal and near-fatal asphyxiation of dozens of kids ages five
>to 17 and recalled three million of them.
>. . .
>The culprit was a missing set of "spreader bars," supports meant
>to keep the hammock open when it was "at ease.” ”

Oh, wonderful. Now I have to tell sons #3 and #4 they can’t sleep
in that stupid thing. Hmm... maybe I’ll play the “Yuck, that had
puke on it” card. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

And, speaking of puke... (oh, this is good. Skip if you have a
weak stomach)

“Dad, Mom needs you.”
“What for?”
“I think she needs some paper towels or something.”

I went up stairs into the bathroom. Then I immediately remembered
what we had for dinner. Spaghetti. My sweet wife was in the bath
tub because she wasn’t feeling well. And there was dinner... all
over the floor, the toilet seat, and the outside of the shower
curtain.

I looked at her in the tub and the mess and said, “How in the
world...”
She replied, “It’s not mine, it’s son #1’s. He came running in and
missed.”

I’ll say.

We all had fun cleaning that up.

And finally, Leiann, a brain-tumor-mom friend writes;

>Marty,
>My heart does go out to son #4. [my son] James had that flu last
>week too and did the same thing - threw up for a while and then
>slept on the bathroom floor because he was afraid to get too far
>from the toilet. Of course, for these little ones it can't just
>be the flu - we have to ask ourselves all night, "Is it the
>tumor, the shunts, an infection..........." Thankfully, after
>every test under the sun, it seems to have been just the flu for
>us too. I pray you have a wonderful and quiet Christmas.
>Leiann
>James' Mom
>www.caringbridgd.org/in/james

HA! Thankfully I can say that spewing at Marty’s house this week
is NOT tumor related. (unless of course, tumors are contagious)
Now, when this is all over, I’ll have to have a talk with Justin’s
mom who was sick just before us... (grin)

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Sorry, no jokes today. Too late. I was busy with the cleaning crew
tonight.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Ok, one joke son #4 has in his repartee.

“Why did the chicken cross the road?”
“Why?”
“To get to the other side!”

“Why did the chicken cross the play ground?”
“Why?”
“To get to the other slide!”

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

No more. So sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home