c

Marty's Joke of the Day

Marty's Joke of the day is an internet column that I've written for more than 5 years.
I tell humorous stories about my "sweet wife" and raising our 4 young sons, named #1, #2, #3, and #4.
After 5 years of story telling, in August of 2005, doctors found a brain tumor in son #4.
Our focus here has changed little as we still try to find humor in our lives.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

6/28 - Here's to another 20!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Anniversary to us, happy anniversary to us, happy
anniversary...

Wow, we hit the big two zero today. That must mean I’m getting
old! I was a little mean to my sweet wife this morning. I told her
that I was working, and had a busy day ahead of me. Then I got up,
showered, shaved, and shined, and left for work at the normal
time. 20 minutes later I rang our doorbell with 2 dozen roses for
her. (24 are cheaper than 20. Go figure) She was quiet taken
aback. We went to son’s #3 and #4’s swimming lessons together, and
then I shuffled them off to a baby sitter for most of the day.
Then just the two of us went out and had some fun. I bought her
some gourmet cupcakes from a neighbor friend of ours
and then went shopping, walking, talking, had lunch together, etc.
We had a nice little day together. After 20 years, my sweet wife
is still my best pal...

Enjoy today’s Jokes!
Marty

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

In 1815 French chemist Michael Eugene Chevreul realized the first
link between diabetes and sugar metabolism when he discovered that
the urine of a diabetic was identical to grape sugar... ...It was
also the first step in realizing he had WAY too much time on his
hands.
--(Isaac Asimov's BOOK OF FACTS)

=-=-=-

"You could use your old computer to shop for a new computer
online. But that seems kind of cruel, doesn't it? Like asking your
dying spouse if he or she has any cute friends."
--Scott Ostler

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>


On the first day of Spring Training, a baseball scout brings a
race horse with him to add to the starting lineup. The coach asks,
"What the heck did you bring that horse here for?" The scout
replies, "Wait until you see him bat." All the players are
laughing, until the horse comes to bat. At this point, the horse
grabs the bat and everyone quiets down. They stare at the horse.
The pitcher, just shrugs his shoulders, and throws the ball toward
home plate, when astonishingly, the horse hits the ball deep into
the outfield. The horse just stands there and does not move. The
manager then yells at the baseball scout to tell the horse to run
to first base. The scout looks back at the manager and yells back,
"If he could run, he'd be at Belmont!"

_________________________________________________________
¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«¤»§«¤»¥«
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Two guys, one old and one young, are pushing their carts around
Home Depot when they collide. The old guy says to the young guy,
"Sorry about that. I'm looking for my wife, and I guess I wasn't
paying attention to where I was going." The young guy says,
"That's OK. It's a coincidence. I'm looking for my wife, too. I
can't find her and I'm getting a little desperate." The old guy
says, "Well, maybe we can help each other. What does your wife
look like? The young guy says, "Well, she is 27 yrs old, tall,
with red hair, blue eyes, long legs, and she's wearing tight white
shorts. What does your wife look like?" The old guy says, "Doesn't
matter --- let's look for yours."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home